From: Martin Fuchs
Subject: [OT] CLISP on Sharp Zaurus
Hi,

I found on
http://web.njit.edu/~rxt1077/clisp-maxima-zaurus.html
a bundle containing the files lisp.run and maxima-clisp.mem,
so I can use the MAXIMA-CAS on my Zaurus-PDA.
(lisp.run -M maxima-clisp.mem)

In order to use CLISP in a full interactive way,
I need the lispinit.mem file.
I tried the version 2.27 from the sourceforge-binaries,
but it doesn't work (the lisp.run on the zaurus is
version 2.27.2).

Anyone who can help me finding the right lispinit.mem?
(I'm not very familiar with CLISP itself)

Thanks and regards,
Martin

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: [OT] CLISP on Sharp Zaurus
> * Martin Fuchs <·········@tzk.arg> [2005-04-28 13:02:56 +0200]:
>
> http://web.njit.edu/~rxt1077/clisp-maxima-zaurus.html
> a bundle containing the files lisp.run and maxima-clisp.mem,
> so I can use the MAXIMA-CAS on my Zaurus-PDA.
> (lisp.run -M maxima-clisp.mem)
>
> In order to use CLISP in a full interactive way,
> I need the lispinit.mem file.

not really.
maxima lets you escape to the underlying lisp repl.
type "break();" (or something...)

> Anyone who can help me finding the right lispinit.mem?

<http://www.podval.org/~sds/clisp/impnotes/image.html>:
        Image Portability

        Memory images are not portable across different platforms (in
        contrast with platform-independent #P".fas" files). They are not
        even portable across linking sets: image saved using the full
        linking set cannot be used with the base runtime:

$ clisp -K full -x '(ext:saveinitmem)'
$ clisp -K base -M lispinit.mem
base/lisp.run: initialization file `lispinit.mem'
was not created by this version of CLISP runtime

it is extremely unlikely that you will be able to find lispinit.mem for
your runtime.

OTOH, you should just use your maxima image:
$ lisp.run -M maxima-clisp.mem -x '(EXT:SAVEINITMEM "lispinit.mem")'
and use the resulting image "lispinit.mem".

<http://ffii.org/> <http://www.honestreporting.com> <http://pmw.org.il/>
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.openvotingconsortium.org/>
Linux: Telling Microsoft where to go since 1991.
From: Martin Fuchs
Sam Steingold wrote:
> OTOH, you should just use your maxima image:
> $ lisp.run -M maxima-clisp.mem -x '(EXT:SAVEINITMEM "lispinit.mem")'
> and use the resulting image "lispinit.mem".

This works great, thanks.

Martin