From: Neil W. Van Dyke
Subject: Announce: BOTHTON - Boston Lisp Announcements Email List
If you're in the Boston area, please join the Bothton email list
using the Web page:  http://www.bothton.org/

Blurb from that page:

    The Bothton email list is a low-traffic email list for announcements
    of particular interest to Lisp users in the Boston (Massachusetts,
    USA) area.  By "Lisp" here, we mostly mean Common Lisp and Scheme.
    The email list is expected to have 0 to 3 posts per week.  Bothton
    is a complement to the newsgroups and school-specific email lists,
    intended to reliably reach the largest number of Boston Lisp users.

    Relevant topics of Bothton announcements include:

        * Upcoming talk, workshop, or conference on Lisp or topic
          generally considered very relevant.  (For example, a workshop
          in Cambridge on dynamic languages would very likely be
          relevant, but a talk on Python would very likely not.)

        * Available job or startup opportunity for Lisp users in the
          Boston area.

        * Social get-together of Lisp users in the Boston area.

    Under no circumstances are discussion or commentary posts relevant.
    This restriction is intended to avoid scaring away traffic-averse
    local Lisp users.  Discussion posts might be very relevant on the
    comp.lang.lisp or comp.lang.scheme newsgroup, however.

From: Christopher C. Stacy
From: Peter Scott
No, you're getting them confused with Mon Calamari.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/bothan/index.html
http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/moncalamari/index.html

-Peter
From: ···············@yahoo.com
Calamari?!!  I forgot how utterly ridiculous some of the Star Wars
"foreign languages" can be.  The Ewoks' song of triumph at the end of
Return of the Jedi sounds like "I Love New York" and contains [I have a
printed version] the Ewokese words "peechy keene".

Oh yeah, gotta stay on topic.

(defun star-wars-episode (c)
  "Input: episode number 1, 2, ... in chronological order.
Output: episode number in the title, as string."
  (assert (<= c 6) (c)
    "My daughter says they're not making VII and later after all.")
  (assert (>= c 1) (c)
    "Yawn.")
  (let ((x (if (<= c 3) (+ c 3) (- c 3))))
    (format nil ··@R" x)))
From: Pascal Bourguignon
···············@yahoo.com writes:
> (defun star-wars-episode (c)
>   "Input: episode number 1, 2, ... in chronological order.
> Output: episode number in the title, as string."
>   (assert (<= c 6) (c)
>     "My daughter says they're not making VII and later after all.")
>   (assert (>= c 1) (c)
>     "Yawn.")
>   (let ((x (if (<= c 3) (+ c 3) (- c 3))))
>     (format nil ··@R" x)))

(defun star-wars-episode (c)
  "Input:  episode number 1, 2, ... in chronological order.
Output: episode number in the title, as string."
   (format nil ··@R" (1+ (mod (+ c 2) 6))))

(loop for i from 1 do (view (star-wars-episode i)))

Kitty like plastic.
Confuses for litter box.
Don't leave tarp around.
From: Ray Dillinger
Christopher C. Stacy wrote:
> Weren't the bothons the fish people in Star Wars?

You know, I've had a similar thought; except if I were to do it
it would be the "Than Franthithco Lithp Utherth Thothiety."

					Bear