From: Darmac
Subject: Information about new CLisp Version
Is there any information about a new version of CLisp with
multithreading support?

Do you know when will be realeased the next version of CLisp?

Because I'm in love with this lisp implementation but i'm suffering
this lack.

Cheers, Darío Macchi

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: Information about new CLisp Version
> * Darmac <········@tznvy.pbz> [2005-04-21 13:25:04 -0700]:
>
> Is there any information about a new version of CLisp with
> multithreading support?

you can join clisp-devel and participate in the sporadic discussion
there.

> Do you know when will be realeased the next version of CLisp?

when it's ready :-)

(no new features are expected before the next release, there have been
several "pre-test" pre-releases, so using CVS head should be safe if you
are impatient).

<http://www.jihadwatch.org/> <http://www.openvotingconsortium.org/>
<http://pmw.org.il/> <http://www.honestreporting.com> <http://www.dhimmi.com/>
Lisp is a way of life.  C is a way of death.
From: Darmac
Thanks. I didn't know where to find information about this.
If I could help with this I'll do it, but my knowledge about C and low
level programming are to poor.

Darío Macchi
From: Sam Steingold
> * Darmac <········@tznvy.pbz> [2005-04-21 13:51:54 -0700]:
>
> Thanks. I didn't know where to find information about this.

<http://clisp.cons.org/>
<http://clisp.cons.org/faq.html#help>

<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.jihadwatch.org/>
<http://www.palestinefacts.org/> <http://www.iris.org.il>
Stupidity, like virtue, is its own reward.
From: Peter Schuller
>> Is there any information about a new version of CLisp with
>> multithreading support?
>
> you can join clisp-devel and participate in the sporadic discussion
> there.

Interesting. Should that be taken as an indication that multithreading
support is really shaping up?

About the ML:s - been trying to subscribe myself. For some reason I never
seem to get subscribed, though the challenge confirmation email arrives
quickly. Been trying a few times.

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <··············@infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to ·········@scode.org
E-Mail: ··············@infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org
From: Sam Steingold
> * Peter Schuller <··············@vasvqlar.pbz> [2005-04-22 13:25:14 -0500]:
>
> Should that be taken as an indication that multithreading support is
> really shaping up?

No, it means that there are people talking about it and - maybe -
writing something.   I have not seen any patches yet.

> About the ML:s - been trying to subscribe myself. For some reason I
> never seem to get subscribed, though the challenge confirmation email
> arrives quickly. Been trying a few times.

you have to reply to the e-mail _correctly_.

<http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.mideasttruth.com/>
<http://pmw.org.il/> <http://www.jihadwatch.org/> <http://www.camera.org>
non-smoking section in a restaurant == non-peeing section in a swimming pool
From: Peter Schuller
>> Should that be taken as an indication that multithreading support is
>> really shaping up?
>
> No, it means that there are people talking about it and - maybe -
> writing something.   I have not seen any patches yet.

Ok.

>> About the ML:s - been trying to subscribe myself. For some reason I
>> never seem to get subscribed, though the challenge confirmation email
>> arrives quickly. Been trying a few times.
>
> you have to reply to the e-mail _correctly_.

Given the amount of ML:s I am and have subscribed to I can't imagine how
I would suddently be getting it so wrong. I'm maintaing the subject line
as per usual custom, and as the challenge email indicates is supported.

Ah well.

From: Sam Steingold
> * Peter Schuller <··············@vasvqlar.pbz> [2005-04-22 13:50:58 -0500]:
>
> Given the amount of ML:s I am and have subscribed to I can't imagine
> how I would suddently be getting it so wrong. I'm maintaing the
> subject line as per usual custom, and as the challenge email indicates
> is supported.

indeed.
maybe you should report this to the SF maintainers?
if you are desperate, I can subscribe you by hand (e-mail me addresses
and list names, read <http://clisp.cons.org/faq.html#mailing-lists>)

<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.openvotingconsortium.org/>
<http://www.memri.org/> <http://www.camera.org>
Vegetarians eat Vegetables, Humanitarians are scary.