From: Alexander Repenning
Subject: XMLisp 2.2 release: how to control XML reader in Lisp
Thanks everybody for the great effort put in testing and extending
XMLisp for all kinds of platforms.

One issue that raised some questions was how to control the XML reader
in XMLisp. In some cases you want to mix Lisp with XML:

(setq Link <a href="http:/www.cs.colorado.edu">University of Colorado,
Computer Science</a>)

This is done by defining the #\< macro character. However, there could
be cases in which you do NOT want the reader to engage in XML parsing.
In essence you want some control on when or where XML reading will take
place. To that end we added control via the *xmlisp-packages* variable:

Examples:

(setq *xmlisp-packages* :all) ;; XMLisp XML reading will take place in
ALL packages

(setq *xmlisp-packages* nil) ;; no XML reading in any package

(setq *xmlisp-packages* (list (find-package :cl-user) (find-package
:xml))) ;; XML reading in :cl-user, :xml packages

I hope this will work for most of you. This is part now of the new
version 2.2 release (LGPL license) of XMLisp:

http://agentsheets.com/lisp/XMLisp/

happy hacking

Alex

From: Dave Watson
> I hope this will work for most of you. This is part now of the new
> version 2.2 release (LGPL license) of XMLisp:
>
> http://agentsheets.com/lisp/XMLisp/

Is it just me or are the line endings still screwed up (\r only, not \n
or \n\r)?

--
-Dave Watson
········@docwatson.org
From: Alexander Repenning
Dave Watson wrote:
> > I hope this will work for most of you. This is part now of the new
> > version 2.2 release (LGPL license) of XMLisp:
> >
> > http://agentsheets.com/lisp/XMLisp/
> >

> Is it just me or are the line endings still screwed up (\r only, not
\n
> or \n\r)?
>
> --
> -Dave Watson
> ········@docwatson.org

Sorry, the files are still in Mac format. I promise we will be looking
for a tool to batch unscrew ;-) the files next time.

alex