From: Frank Buss
Subject: Common Lisp for Intel Strong ARM
I want to run Lisp on my iPaq with Linux. Do you know a Common Lisp
implementation for Linux with Intel Strong ARM processor support? Would be
nice, if it compiles to assembler code and the compiler should be
integrated on the device for interactive development.

--
Frank Bu�, ··@frank-buss.de

From: Engelke Eschner
Subject: Re: Common Lisp for Intel Strong ARM
On 2005-04-19 17:04:30 +0200, Frank Buss <··@frank-buss.de> said:

> I want to run Lisp on my iPaq with Linux. Do you know a Common Lisp
> implementation for Linux with Intel Strong ARM processor support? Would
> be nice, if it compiles to assembler code and the compiler should be
> integrated on the device for interactive development.

GCL should run on ARM

http://www.gnu.org/software/gcl/gcl.html
From: Frank Buss
Engelke Eschner <·······@tekai.org> wrote:

> GCL should run on ARM
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gcl/gcl.html

I've tried to compile it on ARM (there is an iPaq cluster with internet
connection and IDE disks attached at handhelds.org) and the "configure"
detects the ARM system, but the compilation failed with "cc1: Invalid
option `long-calls'". Perhaps someone has an already compiled version? But
GCL compiles with C, so I have to setup a cross-compiler toolchain, because
my iPaq doesn't have an IDE disk. Looks like much work, would be better to
have just a real Lisp compiler for ARM.

--
Frank Bu�, ··@frank-buss.de
From: Sam Steingold
> * Frank Buss <··@senax-ohff.qr> [2005-04-19 15:04:30 +0000]:
>
> I want to run Lisp on my iPaq with Linux. Do you know a Common Lisp
> implementation for Linux with Intel Strong ARM processor support?

http://clisp.cons.org

<http://www.camera.org> <http://pmw.org.il/> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.honestreporting.com> <http://www.jihadwatch.org/>
There is Truth, and its value is T.  Or just non-NIL.  So 0 is True!