From: Neil W. Van Dyke
Subject: Boston Lisp Announcements Email List
I want to set up an email list for announcements that will reach most
all Boston-area Lisp (CL, Scheme, etc.) hackers.

I expect the announcements to be about:

  * Boston-area Lisp-oriented jobs/startups
  * Boston-area Lisp-oriented talks/events

I want to reach more people than the newsgroups and school-specific
lists do, and more rapidly and reliably.

To avoid discouraging subscribers with traffic, there will be absolutely
no discussion posts.  I'm thinking that a traffic level of 1-3 relevant
announcements a week would be ideal for an active Boston Lisp community.

I'm thinking non-moderated, subscriber-only posting.  A two-line
boilerplate appended to each message will remind people of the list's
charter and point them to the list's Web page.

I'm also thinking NO public archive, but could be persuaded otherwise.

Questions:

  1. Is there already such a list, which just needs to be publicized a
     lot better?

  2. Do you feel strongly that you would LIKE or NOT like to be on such
     a list?

  3. Any comments?

Please email me your response.  Thanks.

--
                                             http://www.neilvandyke.org/
From: Zach Beane
Subject: Re: Boston Lisp Announcements Email List
"Neil W. Van Dyke" <ยทยทยทยท@neilvandyke.org> writes:

> Questions:
>
>   1. Is there already such a list, which just needs to be publicized a
>      lot better?

posts when it started, and none thereafter.

Zach