From: Thomas Gagne
Subject: pcl: prompt-read skipping inputs???
When I run the test code inside ch. 3 (LispBox, Linux), It looks to ask
me two questions at once, only expecting input for one of them.  Here's
what the slime window looks like.  Notice how "artist: rating:" appear
on the same line when I should have had a chance to answer the artist:
question.

CL-USER> (add-cds)
title: Rockin' the Suburbs
artist: rating: 6

ripped [y/n]? (y/n)
Please answer with y or n : n

Another [y/n]? (y/n)
Please answer with y or n : n

NIL
CL-USER>

The same thing seems to happen with the code below:
CL-USER> (defun tooter ()
            (prompt-read "one")
            (prompt-read "two")
            (prompt-read "three")
            )
TOOTER
CL-USER> (tooter)
one: 1
two: three: 3

"3"
NIL

Any ideas?

From: GP lisper
Subject: Re: pcl: prompt-read skipping inputs???
> Any ideas?

You're using CLISP.

Alas, I don't know why, but perhaps the clisp support might have an
answer already.

-- Everyman has three hearts; one to show the world,
one to show friends, and one only he knows.
From: Thomas Gagne
From: Peter Seibel
Thomas Gagne <······@wide-open-west.com> writes:

> When I run the test code inside ch. 3 (LispBox, Linux), It looks to
> ask me two questions at once, only expecting input for one of them.
> Here's what the slime window looks like.  Notice how "artist: rating:"
> appear on the same line when I should have had a chance to answer the
> artist: question.
>
> CL-USER> (add-cds)
> title: Rockin' the Suburbs
> artist: rating: 6
>
> ripped [y/n]? (y/n)
> Please answer with y or n : n
>
> Another [y/n]? (y/n)
> Please answer with y or n : n
>
> NIL
> CL-USER>
>
> The same thing seems to happen with the code below:
> CL-USER> (defun tooter ()
>             (prompt-read "one")
>             (prompt-read "two")
>             (prompt-read "three")
>             )
> TOOTER
> CL-USER> (tooter)
> one: 1
> two: three: 3
>
> "3"
> NIL
>
> Any ideas?

Are you using the Lispbox from:

  <http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/lispbox/>

?

-Peter

--
Peter Seibel                                     ·····@gigamonkeys.com

From: Thomas Gagne
Peter Seibel wrote:
 > Thomas Gagne <······@wide-open-west.com> writes:

<snip>

 >>The same thing seems to happen with the code below:
 >>CL-USER> (defun tooter ()
 >>            (prompt-read "one")
 >>            (prompt-read "two")
 >>            (prompt-read "three")
 >>            )
 >>TOOTER
 >>CL-USER> (tooter)
 >>one: 1
 >>two: three: 3
 >>
 >>"3"
 >>NIL
 >>
 >>Any ideas?
 >

 > Are you using the Lispbox from:
 >
 >   <http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/lispbox/>
 >
 > ?
 >
 > -Peter

I'm not sure.  I can't remember.  Is there a way to get its version
info?  Tomorrow I'll download the one from gigamonkeys and see if I get
a different answer.