From: Peter Seibel
Subject: Practical Common Lisp now shipping from Amazon
The Amazon page for _Practical Common Lisp_[1] now says:

  Availability: Usually ships within 2 to 3 days from Amazon.com

so it's too late to pre-order. ;-) However, you still have a chance to
be the first person to review the book. (Of course if you're going to
do any close textual criticism you should probably make sure you're
using the latest and greatest text which I put up on the web a couple
days ago.)

-Peter

[1] <http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book>

--
Peter Seibel                                     ·····@gigamonkeys.com

From: ···············@yahoo.com
From: Bruce Butterfield
From: Tim Lavoie
On 2005-04-06, Bruce Butterfield <···@entricom.com> wrote:
> Just got an email from Amazon saying it shipped and I should have it
> Real Soon Now. Cool.

Aw, that's just teasing. Amazon.ca tells me the delivery estimate is
Jan 7 2004 - Jan 14 2004...
From: Ulrich Hobelmann
Tim Lavoie wrote:
> On 2005-04-06, Bruce Butterfield <···@entricom.com> wrote:
>
>>Just got an email from Amazon saying it shipped and I should have it
>>Real Soon Now. Cool.
>

> Aw, that's just teasing. Amazon.ca tells me the delivery estimate is
> Jan 7 2004 - Jan 14 2004...

Then they must deliver *real fast*.  Wow.
From: Tim Lavoie
On 2005-04-07, Ulrich Hobelmann <···········@web.de> wrote:

>> Aw, that's just teasing. Amazon.ca tells me the delivery estimate is
>> Jan 7 2004 - Jan 14 2004...
>
> Then they must deliver *real fast*.  Wow.

I wish. I suspect they and Canada Post are having a great giggle
pulling my leg.   :)
From: Thomas Gagne
From: Thomas Gagne
Not bad.  It arrived today!

From: Coby Beck
"Tim Lavoie" <········@spamcop.net> wrote in message
···················@theasylum.dyndns.org...
> On 2005-04-07, Ulrich Hobelmann <···········@web.de> wrote:
>
>>> Aw, that's just teasing. Amazon.ca tells me the delivery estimate is
>>> Jan 7 2004 - Jan 14 2004...
>>
>> Then they must deliver *real fast*.  Wow.
>
> I wish. I suspect they and Canada Post are having a great giggle
> pulling my leg.   :)

Well, I hope they *are* pulling my leg (note the year)
-----------
Delivery estimate: April 19 2006 - April 25 2006 a.. 1 of: Practical Common
LISP

------------

--
Coby Beck
From: Tim Lavoie
On 2005-04-09, Coby Beck <·····@mercury.bc.ca> wrote:

> Well, I hope they *are* pulling my leg (note the year)
> -----------
> Delivery estimate: April 19 2006 - April 25 2006 a.. 1 of: Practical Common
> LISP

I asked about the weird shipping date I had listed, and have received
a reply; it would appear to cover yours as well. In asking about the
timing, they were kind enough to bump me up to express shipping, up
from the freebie method. This changed my ETA to one more like yours,
along with the following explanation:

We rely on the publisher for release date information. Our most recent
information was that "Practical Common LISP" has not been released yet
and the expected release date is not known.
                                                                                                                                When this situation arises, our system automatically assigns stand-in
estimated ship and delivery dates which are usually a year or so away
from the date of placing the order.

	Tim
From: Jacek Generowicz
Tim Lavoie <········@spamcop.net> writes:

> On 2005-04-06, Bruce Butterfield <···@entricom.com> wrote:
>> Just got an email from Amazon saying it shipped and I should have it
>> Real Soon Now. Cool.
>
> Aw, that's just teasing. Amazon.ca tells me the delivery estimate is
> Jan 7 2004 - Jan 14 2004...

I got bored of waiting for amazon.co.uk to notice that the book has
been published, and ordered 5 copies from amazon.com.

I have four friends whose lives are about to change :-)
From: Peter Seibel
Jacek Generowicz <················@cern.ch> writes:

> Tim Lavoie <········@spamcop.net> writes:
>
>> On 2005-04-06, Bruce Butterfield <···@entricom.com> wrote:
>>> Just got an email from Amazon saying it shipped and I should have it
>>> Real Soon Now. Cool.
>>
>> Aw, that's just teasing. Amazon.ca tells me the delivery estimate is
>> Jan 7 2004 - Jan 14 2004...
>
> I got bored of waiting for amazon.co.uk to notice that the book has
> been published, and ordered 5 copies from amazon.com.

That's the spirit! You're probably the one responsible for this:

  #1   in Lisp
  #6   in Languages & Tools
  #14  in Programming
  #31  in Computers & Internet
  #957 in Books

-Peter

--
Peter Seibel                                     ·····@gigamonkeys.com

From: Jacek Generowicz
Peter Seibel <·····@gigamonkeys.com> writes:

>   #1   in Lisp
>   #6   in Languages & Tools
>   #14  in Programming
>   #31  in Computers & Internet
>   #957 in Books

So, when will you have written a program that discovers the positions
and displays a graph of progression with time on the book's web site ?
From: Peter Seibel
Jacek Generowicz <················@cern.ch> writes:

> Peter Seibel <·····@gigamonkeys.com> writes:
>
>>   #1   in Lisp
>>   #6   in Languages & Tools
>>   #14  in Programming
>>   #31  in Computers & Internet
>>   #957 in Books
>
> So, when will you have written a program that discovers the positions
> and displays a graph of progression with time on the book's web site ?

Unfortunately it's a pain to get the positions on the various lists.
I'm currently screen scraping the basic Sales Rank so I don't miss any
changes. I played around with their web services API which seems like
the right way to do this but the answers it gave me for Sales Rank
didn't match what was on the web site so I gave it up as a bad job.
Anyway, in the meantime, the latest, laboriously handgathered ranks
are these:

  #1   in Lisp
  #2   in Languages & Tools
  #6   in Programming
  #19  in Computers & Internet
  #790 in Books

And _Successful Lisp_ is going up too--Sales Rank 3,990 which puts it
at #28 on Languages & Tools and #90 on Programming, the first time
I've seen it crack the Top 100 of either of those categories.

-Peter

--
Peter Seibel                                     ·····@gigamonkeys.com

From: Jacek Generowicz
Peter Seibel <·····@gigamonkeys.com> writes:

>   #1   in Lisp
>   #2   in Languages & Tools
>   #6   in Programming
>   #19  in Computers & Internet
>   #790 in Books

Any idea how these are calculated? How do sales from the more distant
past affect the rank? Is there a decay constant? Is is cumulative over
all time?
From: Peter Seibel
Jacek Generowicz <················@cern.ch> writes:

> Peter Seibel <·····@gigamonkeys.com> writes:
>
>>   #1   in Lisp
>>   #2   in Languages & Tools
>>   #6   in Programming
>>   #19  in Computers & Internet
>>   #790 in Books
>
> Any idea how these are calculated? How do sales from the more distant
> past affect the rank? Is there a decay constant? Is is cumulative over
> all time?

My understanding is that every hour they (conceptually) build a table
of book, sales-in-previous-24-hours, and previous-rank tuples and then
sort by sales-in-previous-24-hours and previous-rank. Books then get
their rank from where they appear in that table. Thus a book always
ranks ahead of all books that have sold fewer copies in the past 24
hours and books that are tied based on the previous 24 hours' sales
stay in the same order relative to each other. But if orders stop
altogether, the rank will decay every hour as older sales move out of
the 24-hour window until a book is back in the realm of books that
have sold zero copies in the past day.

-Peter

P.S. On #lisp the other day I explained this to someone but I said
sales in the past hour rather than in the past 24 hours. That was
wrong.

P.P.S. Now at #1/#2/#4/#16/#731

--
Peter Seibel                                     ·····@gigamonkeys.com

From: Tim X
Peter Seibel <·····@gigamonkeys.com> writes:

> Jacek Generowicz <················@cern.ch> writes:
>
>> Any idea how these are calculated? How do sales from the more distant
>> past affect the rank? Is there a decay constant? Is is cumulative over
>> all time?
>
> My understanding is that every hour they (conceptually) build a table
> of book, sales-in-previous-24-hours, and previous-rank tuples and then
> sort by sales-in-previous-24-hours and previous-rank. Books then get
> their rank from where they appear in that table. Thus a book always
> ranks ahead of all books that have sold fewer copies in the past 24
> hours and books that are tied based on the previous 24 hours' sales
> stay in the same order relative to each other. But if orders stop
> altogether, the rank will decay every hour as older sales move out of
> the 24-hour window until a book is back in the realm of books that
> have sold zero copies in the past day.

So, we really should coordinate to drag out how long the book stays as
high as possible as I expect its the length of time you stay
reasonably high on the list rather than short 'peaks' which will make
people notice.

Maybe we need a little web app which helps us select the best time to
urchase from amazon.com to spread out the sales over as many hours/24
hour period.

Tim

--
Tim Cross
From: Peter Seibel
"Bruce Butterfield" <···@entricom.com> writes:

> Just got an email from Amazon saying it shipped and I should have it
> Real Soon Now. Cool.

Right on!

-Peter

--
Peter Seibel                                     ·····@gigamonkeys.com

From: Alain Picard
Peter Seibel <·····@gigamonkeys.com> writes:

> "Bruce Butterfield" <···@entricom.com> writes:
>
>> Just got an email from Amazon saying it shipped and I should have it
>> Real Soon Now. Cool.
>
> Right on!
>
> -Peter

Just a question: if I order that book at Amazon,
will it be recorded as a sale a APRESS to count towards
your bet (regarding keeping book online)?

I'd had to buy your book but not be counted.
From: Peter Seibel
Alain Picard <············@memetrics.com> writes:

> Peter Seibel <·····@gigamonkeys.com> writes:
>
>> "Bruce Butterfield" <···@entricom.com> writes:
>>
>>> Just got an email from Amazon saying it shipped and I should have it
>>> Real Soon Now. Cool.
>>
>> Right on!
>>
>> -Peter
>
> Just a question: if I order that book at Amazon, will it be recorded
> as a sale a APRESS to count towards your bet (regarding keeping book
> online)?

Well, at this point that "bet" is sort of over--Apress and I reached
an agreement that allows me to keep the book online in perpetuity.
However, the better the sales of the printed edition are, the easier
it will be for the next author to keep their book online. So to the
extent you want to vote with your pocketbook for the publication of
more Lisp books or for publishers making books available online, you
should buy my book. ;-) It doesn't really matter where.

-Peter

--
Peter Seibel                                     ·····@gigamonkeys.com

From: Alain Picard
Peter Seibel <·····@gigamonkeys.com> writes:

> should buy my book. ;-) It doesn't really matter where.

Cool.  I thought I read about some bet where you would
recoup more royalties passed some sales point.  Anyhow,
if Amazon sales count, that's great.  I look forward to
holding it in my hot little hands.  :-)
From: Peter Seibel
Alain Picard <············@memetrics.com> writes:

> Peter Seibel <·····@gigamonkeys.com> writes:
>
>> should buy my book. ;-) It doesn't really matter where.
>
> Cool. I thought I read about some bet where you would recoup more
> royalties passed some sales point.

Well, that's true--the more copies sell, the more royalties I make.
And after the are various "cliffs" where the royalty rate goes up too.

> Anyhow, if Amazon sales count, that's great. I look forward to
> holding it in my hot little hands. :-)

Yup. For both royalties and for sticking it to O'Reilly all sales are
equal--the only thing that's special about Amazon is that each
purchase on Amazon improves the book's Sales Rank which allows me to
spend all day sitting around waiting for the hourly rank updates to
see how I'm doing. ;-) Also, a good (low number) Sales Rank can,
conceivably, generate some buzz that will lead to further sales as the
book shows up in various Top Sellers lists.

-Peter

--
Peter Seibel                                     ·····@gigamonkeys.com

From: Ulrich Hobelmann
Peter Seibel wrote:
> Yup. For both royalties and for sticking it to O'Reilly all sales are
> equal--the only thing that's special about Amazon is that each
> purchase on Amazon improves the book's Sales Rank which allows me to
> spend all day sitting around waiting for the hourly rank updates to
> see how I'm doing. ;-) Also, a good (low number) Sales Rank can,
> conceivably, generate some buzz that will lead to further sales as the
> book shows up in various Top Sellers lists.

I don't really care about O'Reilly.  I don't like them, they only
jump on any mediocre buzz and create a tutorial book, a nutshell
book, and a cookbook.  Fast.  It's like producing daily soap
operas, the new, crappy stuff du jour that nobody really needs.

If Lisp will gain "decent" popularity in the next two years,
expect them to churn out some more or less boring books on that.

Anyway, just looked, Amazon sales rank in Programming books is 37
now, and placed my order.  Thanks for the book!
From: Bruce Stephens
Peter Seibel <·····@gigamonkeys.com> writes:

> The Amazon page for _Practical Common Lisp_[1] now says:
>
>   Availability: Usually ships within 2 to 3 days from Amazon.com
>
> so it's too late to pre-order. ;-) However, you still have a chance
> to be the first person to review the book. (Of course if you're
> going to do any close textual criticism you should probably make
> sure you're using the latest and greatest text which I put up on the
> web a couple days ago.)

Amazon.co.uk still says it's hard-to-find,
<http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1590592395>, but there's one
used copy available.  Presumably not heavily used.
From: ···············@yahoo.com
From: Edi Weitz
On 6 Apr 2005 15:44:34 -0700, ···············@yahoo.com wrote:

> Did some reviewer illegally sell their galley proofs?  :-)

He probably bought his copy via Amazon Germany.  Just checked my
pre-order and they still say it'll ship "around Dec 22-24, 2004."

:)

Edi.

PS: On the other hand, the product page says the book will be released
    May 30 but they can ship it in one to two weeks.  How do they do
    that?  Hmmm....

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Ulrich Hobelmann
Edi Weitz wrote:
> On 6 Apr 2005 15:44:34 -0700, ···············@yahoo.com wrote:
>

>>Did some reviewer illegally sell their galley proofs?  :-)
>

> He probably bought his copy via Amazon Germany.  Just checked my
> pre-order and they still say it'll ship "around Dec 22-24, 2004."
>
> :)
>
> Edi.
>
> PS: On the other hand, the product page says the book will be released
>     May 30 but they can ship it in one to two weeks.  How do they do
>     that?  Hmmm....

All those inconsistencies.  Sounds like Amazon should have used CL
for their store ;)
From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
+ Ulrich Hobelmann <···········@web.de>:

| All those inconsistencies.  Sounds like Amazon should have used CL for
| their store ;)

I'm just waiting for Kenny to jump up and down yelling that they
should cells!  Of course they should use cells!

- Debating gives most of us much more psychological satisfaction
  than thinking does: but it deprives us of whatever chance there is
  of getting closer to the truth.  -- C.P. Snow
From: Edi Weitz
On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 01:11:16 +0200, I wrote:

> He probably bought his copy via Amazon Germany.  Just checked my
> pre-order and they still say it'll ship "around Dec 22-24, 2004."

So I cancelled my pre-order (which was from October 2004) and placed a
new order.  They now say they'll ship "around Apr 26 to May 4, 2005."
That sounds more likely... :)

Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Edi Weitz
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:25:44 +0200, Edi Weitz <········@agharta.de> wrote:

> So I cancelled my pre-order (which was from October 2004) and placed
> a new order.  They now say they'll ship "around Apr 26 to May 4,
> 2005."  That sounds more likely... :)

And I already got my copy this morning.  Cool... :)

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
+ Edi Weitz <········@agharta.de>:

| And I already got my copy this morning.  Cool... :)

First copy this side of the pond?
I chose the wrong strategy, expect another week before I see mine.

From: Cor Gest
Harald Hanche-Olsen <······@math.ntnu.no> writes:

> + Edi Weitz <········@agharta.de>:
>
> | And I already got my copy this morning.  Cool... :)
>
> First copy this side of the pond?
> I chose the wrong strategy, expect another week before I see mine.

Got my copy last wednesday from Amazon by regular-mail.
But it is now responsible for a 3 day backlog in newsreading. ;-))

Cor

--
To really make a mess of things one should use a computer
From: Dan Muller
Peter Seibel <·····@gigamonkeys.com> writes:
> The Amazon page for _Practical Common Lisp_[1] now says:
>
>   Availability: Usually ships within 2 to 3 days from Amazon.com
>
> so it's too late to pre-order. ;-) However, you still have a chance to
> be the first person to review the book. (Of course if you're going to
> do any close textual criticism you should probably make sure you're
> using the latest and greatest text which I put up on the web a couple
> days ago.)

I received my pre-ordered copy of _Practical Common Lisp_ yesterday,
from Buy.com.

-- Dan Muller
From: Jacek Generowicz
Dan Muller <·········@sneakemail.com> writes:

> I received my pre-ordered copy of _Practical Common Lisp_ yesterday,
> from Buy.com.

What colour is it? All the pictures an Amazon and other places used to
be black and yellow, but now some of them have turned brown and white.
From: Peter Seibel
Jacek Generowicz <················@cern.ch> writes:

> Dan Muller <·········@sneakemail.com> writes:
>
>> I received my pre-ordered copy of _Practical Common Lisp_ yesterday,
>> from Buy.com.
>
> What colour is it? All the pictures an Amazon and other places used to
> be black and yellow, but now some of them have turned brown and white.

Black and Yellow.

-Peter

P.S. We cracked the Top 100 Computer & Internet list this afternoon,
hitting #64 with a Sales Rank of 1,430. (That was also good enough for
#9 Languages & Tools book and #31 programming book.)

--
Peter Seibel                                     ·····@gigamonkeys.com

From: Tayssir John Gabbour
Peter Seibel wrote:
> Jacek Generowicz <················@cern.ch> writes:
> > Dan Muller <·········@sneakemail.com> writes:
> >
> >> I received my pre-ordered copy of _Practical Common Lisp_
yesterday,
> >> from Buy.com.
> >
> > What colour is it? All the pictures an Amazon and other places used
> > be black and yellow, but now some of them have turned brown and
white.

> Black and Yellow.
>
> -Peter
>
> P.S. We cracked the Top 100 Computer & Internet list this afternoon,
> hitting #64 with a Sales Rank of 1,430. (That was also good enough
for
> #9 Languages & Tools book and #31 programming book.)

Cool! How do you see these detailed rankings? I only see the total
Amazon ranking on your book's page.
From: Peter Seibel
"Tayssir John Gabbour" <···········@yahoo.com> writes:

>> P.S. We cracked the Top 100 Computer & Internet list this
>> afternoon, hitting #64 with a Sales Rank of 1,430. (That was also
>> good enough for #9 Languages & Tools book and #31 programming
>> book.)
>
> Cool! How do you see these detailed rankings? I only see the total
> Amazon ranking on your book's page.

You've got to grovel through a bunch of pages and find it. For
instance you can start here, at the Lisp Top Sellers list:

  <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/new-for-you/top-sellers/-/books/3981>

The links near the top of the page will take you to larger and larger
categories, sorted by Sales Rank, in which you have to find the book
by hand.

-Peter

--
Peter Seibel                                     ·····@gigamonkeys.com

From: Kenny Tilton
Peter Seibel wrote:
> Jacek Generowicz <················@cern.ch> writes:
>

>>Dan Muller <·········@sneakemail.com> writes:
>>

>>>I received my pre-ordered copy of _Practical Common Lisp_ yesterday,
>>>from Buy.com.
>>
>>What colour is it? All the pictures an Amazon and other places used to
>>be black and yellow, but now some of them have turned brown and white.
>

> Black and Yellow.

I may be able to confirm later this evening. Spitzer got his copy and is
it bringing it by for me to sign. Hero worship. <sigh> I guess I better
get used to it.

:)

kenny

ps. Surely Apress is sending you on a drinking -- er, boook-signing tour
of the international Lisp social clubs? k

pps. hardcover? wow. someone still does that? k

--
Cells? Cello? Cells-Gtk?: http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/

"Doctor, I wrestled with reality for forty years, and I am happy to
state that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
From: Marc Battyani
"Kenny Tilton" <·······@nyc.rr.com> wrote

> I may be able to confirm later this evening. Spitzer got his copy and is
> it bringing it by for me to sign. Hero worship. <sigh> I guess I better
> get used to it.
[...]
> ps. Surely Apress is sending you on a drinking -- er, boook-signing tour
> of the international Lisp social clubs? k

Sure, we are awaiting Peter with buckets of PCL at the Amsterdam Meeting :)
But you are welcome to come there to sign it too ;-)

Marc
From: Kenny Tilton
Marc Battyani wrote:

> "Kenny Tilton" <·······@nyc.rr.com> wrote
>
>>I may be able to confirm later this evening. Spitzer got his copy and is
>>it bringing it by for me to sign. Hero worship. <sigh> I guess I better
>>get used to it.
>
> [...]
>
>>ps. Surely Apress is sending you on a drinking -- er, boook-signing tour
>>of the international Lisp social clubs? k
>

> Sure, we are awaiting Peter with buckets of PCL at the Amsterdam Meeting :)
> But you are welcome to come there to sign it too ;-)

I myself will wait until my book on Cells comes out, but two long-tail
madagascars are in transit. Plz keep an eye out for them. Fair warning:
they sign the way they code, so it may take an unlimited amount of beer
before you get a signature.

kt

From: Jacek Generowicz
Peter Seibel <·····@gigamonkeys.com> writes:

> P.S. We cracked the Top 100 Computer & Internet list this afternoon,
> hitting #64 with a Sales Rank of 1,430. (That was also good enough for
> #9 Languages & Tools book and #31 programming book.)

Looks like you're having a great time watching all those numbers :-)

Enjoy, you deserve it !
From: Joe Manby
Alas, my copy is tied to the release of the next Harry Potter book, and
should ship in July.  Fortunately, I can work from the online version until
then.

Normally, I lurk.  Might as well jump in and say thanks to you for all the
unselfish help in this group.

···················@gigamonkeys.com...

From: Sebastian Stern
Peter Seibel:
| The Amazon page for _Practical Common Lisp_[1] now says:
|
|   Availability: Usually ships within 2 to 3 days from Amazon.com
|
| so it's too late to pre-order. ;-) However, you still have a
| chance to be the first person to review the book. (Of course if
| you're going to do any close textual criticism you should
| probably make sure you're using the latest and greatest text
| which I put up on the web a couple days ago.)

By mail, you mentioned the possibility that you might bring along several
copies of your book to the European Common Lisp Meeting 2005, for interested
parties to buy, possibly at a discount.  Is this plan still going through?
I would like to know, because I can submit my order at Amazon now, if the
answer is no.

--
Sebastian Stern

Freedom is the freedom to say (= (+ 2 2) 4).  If that is granted, all else
follows.
From: Peter Seibel
"Sebastian Stern" <··············@wanadoo.nl> writes:

> Peter Seibel:
> | The Amazon page for _Practical Common Lisp_[1] now says:
> |
> |   Availability: Usually ships within 2 to 3 days from Amazon.com
> |
> | so it's too late to pre-order. ;-) However, you still have a
> | chance to be the first person to review the book. (Of course if
> | you're going to do any close textual criticism you should
> | probably make sure you're using the latest and greatest text
> | which I put up on the web a couple days ago.)
>
> By mail, you mentioned the possibility that you might bring along
> several copies of your book to the European Common Lisp Meeting
> 2005, for interested parties to buy, possibly at a discount. Is this
> plan still going through? I would like to know, because I can submit
> my order at Amazon now, if the answer is no.

Based on the response to my email, it looks like I could sell 45 books
in Amsterdam. However I'm not sure I'll be able to bring that many.
I'll bring some and sell them on a first-come, first-served basis but
there's no guarantees that you wouldn't get one quicker by ordering
now from Amazon or your local bookseller.

-Peter

--
Peter Seibel                                     ·····@gigamonkeys.com

From: crystal1
Peter Seibel wrote:
> The Amazon page for _Practical Common Lisp_[1] now says:
>
>   Availability: Usually ships within 2 to 3 days from Amazon.com
>
> so it's too late to pre-order. ;-) However, you still have a chance to
> be the first person to review the book. (Of course if you're going to
> do any close textual criticism you should probably make sure you're
> using the latest and greatest text which I put up on the web a couple
> days ago.)
>
> -Peter
>
> [1] <http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book>

One chapter and I was hooked. Just ordered it via Amazon.

Thanks.
From: Lars Rune Nøstdal
Hi,
After reading a few chapters online, I ordered a copy from amazon.com -
good job :)

--
Mvh,
Lars Rune Nøstdal
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo
Peter Seibel <·····@gigamonkeys.com> writes:

>   Availability: Usually ships within 2 to 3 days from Amazon.com

I just ordered it from amazon.co.uk, and they say:

    Delivery estimate: 13 May 2005 - 1 Jun 2005

Oh, well.  They say patience is a virtue.  :-)

-tih
--
Don't ascribe to stupidity what can be adequately explained by ignorance.