From: Andrei
Subject: Suggestions on clisp + xemacs on Windows
Hi,

I wanted to start using lisp on Windows (after I have tried CMUCL on
Linux).
So I set it up to run CLisp under Slime in XEmacs.

Everything works fine when I am inside the XEmacs.

My question is what's the best way to explore CLisp on Windows?
1) Can I create a stand-alone executables/scripts with clisp? For now
it looks like it only compiles to bytecode. Is it possible to run in
on another Windows machine at least as a stand-alone script? What's
the best way to deploy clisp app?
2) What's the best way to start building GUI apps using CLisp? I heard
LTK is a good lib to use. Anything else I could try?
3) Are there some known apps built with CLisp under Windows that use
GUI?

Thanks in advance,
Andrei
From: Paolo Amoroso
Subject: Re: Suggestions on clisp + xemacs on Windows
·········@yahoo.com (Andrei) writes:

> 1) Can I create a stand-alone executables/scripts with clisp? For now
> it looks like it only compiles to bytecode. Is it possible to run in
> on another Windows machine at least as a stand-alone script? What's
> the best way to deploy clisp app?

The implementation notes file that comes with the CLISP distribution
explains how to do that on all supported operating systems, including
Windows.

Paolo
Recommended Common Lisp libraries/tools (see also http://clrfi.alu.org):
- ASDF/ASDF-INSTALL: system building/installation
- CL-PPCRE: regular expressions
- UFFI: Foreign Function Interface