From: arafiedah
Subject: odd number of subform to setf
i had make teh system to diagnos the problem of electrical wiring using
Model based reasoning technic.As platform im using CLOS...
my problem is no output is go out as the error is "odd number of subform
to setf".
im really confuse because my subform never use the odd number even number
as the name.
why this i get this message and what it mean?

From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: Re: odd number of subform to setf
arafiedah wrote:

> i had make teh system to diagnos the problem of electrical wiring using
> Model based reasoning technic.As platform im using CLOS...
> my problem is no output is go out as the error is "odd number of subform
> to setf".
> im really confuse because my subform never use the odd number even number
> as the name.
> why this i get this message and what it mean?

Another has answered your specific question, but I would like to add:
next time include the code when you ask this kind of question. That will
either eliminate the problem because while editing it down to a postable
example you will find it yourself, or at least we will be able to figure
out where your real problem is.

My guess is that you screwed up the parentheses, balancing them overall
by adding a bunch to the end, where actually one was needed somewhere in
or around the failing setf:

  (defun oops-me (arg1 arg2 but-its-not)
    (setf (big-long-name (big-long-func arg1 arg2) ;; missing parens
          (you-think-this-is the-setfed-value but-its-not))
    (+ arg2 42))) ;; the last parens balances the defun but belongs above

Massive warning: I just typed all that in, and did not confirm it
"works" in re balancing/misbalancing.

kenny

--
Cells? Cello? Celtik?: http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/
From: arafiedah
thank to all...
i give all coding that link to the problem....
actually it not in one file because im using IDE LISP.... (something that
im dislike to use but ask to be use)

the subjek is ERROR:odd number of subform to setf....
hope all of you can help me again....

thank again...
From: R. Mattes
On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:40:30 -0400, arafiedah wrote:

> i had make teh system to diagnos the problem of electrical wiring using
> Model based reasoning technic.As platform im using CLOS...
> my problem is no output is go out as the error is "odd number of subform
> to setf".
> im really confuse because my subform never use the odd number even number
> as the name.

Id doen't talk about the _name_ "odd number" - it means that somewhere
you call setf with an odd number of parameters (i.e. a numer of
parameters that is not divisable by 2).

 (setf a 10)         ; o.k.
 (setf a 10 b 20)    ; o.k.
 (setf a 10 4)       ; wrong! parameters to setf come in pairs ...

> why this i get this message and what it mean?

I hope this is clearer to you.

 Ralf Mattes
From: Pascal Bourguignon
"arafiedah" <·········@hotmail.com> writes:

> i had make teh system to diagnos the problem of electrical wiring using
> Model based reasoning technic.As platform im using CLOS...
> my problem is no output is go out as the error is "odd number of subform
> to setf".
> im really confuse because my subform never use the odd number even number
> as the name.
> why this i get this message and what it mean?

Perhaps you would prefer if the message was written in another language?
clisp has an option to select the language in which it will write messages:

clisp -q -ansi -L french
[1]> (setf a 1 2)

*** - SETF fut appel� avec un nombre impair d'arguments : (SETF A 1 2)

It knows the following languages:
     english, german, french, spanish, dutch,  russian.

neither do we.