From: David Trudgett
Subject: Common Lisp Photo Gallery?
Hi all,

I've been doing some googling for an (X)HTML photo gallery generator in
Common Lisp, but haven't been able to discover any. Does anyone here
know of one? I'll probably end up having to use Perl or something, but
since I'm learning CL, I thought it would be interesting to see if there
is anything in CL.

Thanks,

David Trudgett

From: Peter Seibel
Subject: Re: Common Lisp Photo Gallery?
David Trudgett <·····················@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been doing some googling for an (X)HTML photo gallery generator
> in Common Lisp, but haven't been able to discover any. Does anyone
> here know of one? I'll probably end up having to use Perl or
> something, but since I'm learning CL, I thought it would be
> interesting to see if there is anything in CL.

Take a look at <http://examples.franz.com/> in particular pubpics by
Kevin Layer and possibly renpics also by Kevin and AddCaps by Martin
Mikelsons. I haven't used any of these but they look like what you're
describing so might be a good starting point.

-Peter

From: David Trudgett
Peter Seibel wrote:

>>I've been doing some googling for an (X)HTML photo gallery generator
>>in Common Lisp, but haven't been able to discover any. Does anyone
>>here know of one? I'll probably end up having to use Perl or
>>something, but since I'm learning CL, I thought it would be
>>interesting to see if there is anything in CL.
>

> Take a look at <http://examples.franz.com/> in particular pubpics by
> Kevin Layer and possibly renpics also by Kevin and AddCaps by Martin
> Mikelsons. I haven't used any of these but they look like what you're
> describing so might be a good starting point.

That's great, Peter! pubpics looks like what I'm looking for, and it's
also Free Software! though I neglected to mention that requirement.
Thanks for the pointer.

Hope you're book writing (http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/) is going
well, and not sending you insane! :-) I've been reading bits and pieces
of it, by the way, and it's good stuff. I've been intending to send you
in some feedback/corrections, etc. as I come across them. It looks like
you're getting reasonably close to a finished product, though, so how
much longer do you think such feedback will be useful to you?

David
From: Peter Seibel
David Trudgett <·····················@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hope you're book writing (http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/) is going
> well, and not sending you insane! :-) I've been reading bits and
> pieces of it, by the way, and it's good stuff. I've been intending
> to send you in some feedback/corrections, etc. as I come across
> them. It looks like you're getting reasonably close to a finished
> product, though, so how much longer do you think such feedback will
> be useful to you?

Well, I've still got a few chapters left to go. Once the last chapter
is marked Ready for Review, then I'll be in the final round of editing
and revisions which is probably going to go fairly quickly. So anytime
before than feedback can probably still be incorporated.

-Peter