From: Christophe Turle
Subject: pprint troubles
hi,

i'm trying to use the pretty printer but i have a lot of troubles with it !

* (pprint-logical-block (nil '(nil))
        (write-char #\1)
        (pprint-indent :current 1)
        (pprint-newline :mandatory)
        (pprint-logical-block (nil '(nil))
         (write-char #\2)
         (pprint-indent :current 1)
         (pprint-newline :mandatory)
         (pprint-logical-block (nil '(nil))
          (write-char #\3)
          (pprint-indent :current 1)
          (pprint-newline :mandatory)
          (write-string "hello !")
          (pprint-indent :current 1)
          (pprint-newline :mandatory)
          (write-string "world !")
          (pprint-indent :block 0)
          (pprint-newline :mandatory)
          (write-char #\3) )
         (pprint-indent :block 0)
         (pprint-newline :mandatory)
         (write-char #\2) )
        (pprint-indent :block 0)
        (pprint-newline :mandatory)
        (write-char #\1) )

here with cmucl18e and corman lisp seems to work good.
1
  2
    3
      hello !
              world !
    3
  2
1NIL

with clisp 2.31 i have indentation trouble :

1
  2
    3
      hello !
              world !
              3
    2
  1

clisp implementation notes does not say anything about this ...

does clisp use XP printer ?

Are implementations around have troubles with prettyprint or is it just a local problem ?

ctu.
From: Antonio Menezes Leitao
Subject: Re: pprint troubles
Christophe Turle <······@nospam.fr> writes:

> [...]
>
> here with cmucl18e and corman lisp seems to work good.
> 1
>   2
>     3
>       hello !
>               world !
>     3
>   2
> 1NIL
>

> with clisp 2.31 i have indentation trouble :
>
> 1 2   3     hello !             world !
>               3
>     2
>   1
>

> clisp implementation notes does not say anything about this ...
>
> does clisp use XP printer ?
>
> Are implementations around have troubles with prettyprint or is it
> just a local problem ?

As far as I know, it's a CLISP problem.  I sent a bug report a few
months ago but the bug is still present in the 2.33.2 version.

Ant�nio Leit�o.