From: Michael Hönisch
Subject: try - catch
Hello,

is there something like the try-catch-Statement from Java in Common Lisp
  available?

After an error, I want to realize a cleanup.

Regards
Michael

From: Matthew Danish
Subject: Re: try - catch
On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 05:06:54PM +0200, Michael H?nisch wrote:
> is there something like the try-catch-Statement from Java in Common Lisp
>  available?
>
> After an error, I want to realize a cleanup.

You should take a look at chapters 5.3.29 "UNWIND-PROTECT" and 9
"Conditions" of the Hyperspec [1], and chapter 16 of Practical Common
Lisp [2].

[1] http://www.lispworks.com/reference/HyperSpec/Front/index.htm
[2] http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/

--
;;;; Matthew Danish -- user: mrd domain: cmu.edu
;;;; OpenPGP public key: C24B6010 on keyring.debian.org
From: Pascal Bourguignon
Michael H�nisch <················@ascad.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> is there something like the try-catch-Statement from Java in Common
> Lisp available?
>
> After an error, I want to realize a cleanup.

UNWIND-PROTECT
HANDLER-CASE

neither do we.
From: Marco Baringer
Michael H�nisch <················@ascad.de> writes:

> is there something like the try-catch-Statement from Java in Common
> Lisp available?

the short answer is UNWIND-PROTECT.

the long answer is (prepare to be amazed):

http://gigamonkeys.com/book/beyond-exception-handling-conditions-and-restarts.html

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.