From: Tayssir John Gabbour
Subject: Re: Some macro character questions
Tim Bradshaw wrote:
> Jeff M. wrote:
> > The first is a play off an older Lisp implementation I read about
> > (can't remember the name of the implementation, but I'm sure
someone
> > here knows). It would be setting #\] to close all open lists:
>
> I think this might well be InterLisp, although I'm not sure. It
> certainly had a fair amount of clever `helpful' syntax like this.

In Erik Sandewall's "The Lisp Experience", which was about Interlisp:
"The major problem when writing S-expressions, namely, matching of
parentheses, has been solved with the introduction of
"super-parentheses", such as the right bracket in the example above."

The right bracket seemed to close everything until the matching left
bracket.

MfG,
Tayssir

--
Observations of a circus which travelled to Iraq (note the left
sidebar):