From: Andras Simon
Subject: jfli for abcl with runtime generated Java classes
I put the latest version of jfli for abcl at
http://www.math.bme.hu/~asimon/lisp/jfli-abcl.tar

The only reason to use it instead of the original (at
http://jfli.sf.net) is that it has a NEW-CLASS macro that can be used
to generate Java classes with methods written in Lisp (with some
restrictions). The distribution contains two examples where this
feature is used: an swt and a swing/jdbc demo.

Beware that jfli-abcl is pre-alpha; it has known bugs inherited from
jfli, and then some. But it's probably good enough for starting to
play with Java from Lisp; and it's not going to evolve unless it is
used/criticized/improved by more than one user. Also, I hope that
NEW-CLASS will eventually find its way back to jfli proper in one form
or another[*], and it'd be good to collect some experiences with its
present form first.

I'm interested in all kinds of feedback.

Andras

[*] and that the jni part of jfli will be uffi'zed by some brave
soul, so that it can be freed from its LW jail!