From: moffatt
Subject: LISP string syntax highlighting help
Hello,

I am attempting to create my first major mode in LISP EMACS and I am
running into a bit of a problem with my string highlighting. When I do
nothing for string highlighting I get some sort of default string
highlighting which is great, however it seems to take priority over my
own comment highlighting. Thus if there is a quote anywhere in a
comment, the line is no longer highlighted with my
font-lock-comment-face. I am able to disable the default string
highlighting
(setq font-lock-string-face nil) and implement my own,
("\".*\"" . font-lock-cstol-string-face)
However it is not as robust since it is not correct for multiple
strings on one line.
Does anyone know how I can get over this priority highlighting issue?

Thanks.

--
moffatt

From: John Thingstad
Subject: Re: LISP string syntax highlighting help
On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 09:48:04 -0500, moffatt
<··············@mail.codecomments.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am attempting to create my first major mode in LISP EMACS and I am
> running into a bit of a problem with my string highlighting. When I do
> nothing for string highlighting I get some sort of default string
> highlighting which is great, however it seems to take priority over my
> own comment highlighting. Thus if there is a quote anywhere in a
> comment, the line is no longer highlighted with my
> font-lock-comment-face. I am able to disable the default string
> highlighting
> (setq font-lock-string-face nil) and implement my own,
> ("\".*\"" . font-lock-cstol-string-face)
> However it is not as robust since it is not correct for multiple
> strings on one line.
> Does anyone know how I can get over this priority highlighting issue?
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> moffatt

sounds like something for comp.lang.emacs.