From: Tayssir John Gabbour
Subject: Re: XML
Russell Wallace wrote:
> >I'll concede that I admire XML for tackling Unicode and character
> >encoding decisions head-on, but I'd rather not trade all its baggage
> >just to get an agreed-upon means of serializing directed graphs.
>
> Try doing the above job a few times and see if you still feel that
> way!

I love XML. Vindicates sexps. Despite the entire world being raised for
decades on byzantine antitechnological notation, a prefix parenthetical
computing syntax has gained the most popularity among both end-users
(HTML) and programmers (XML).

It means the human mind is clearly built to understand prefix
parenthetical notation better than alternatives.

(Plus, if end-tags are an issue, just print out end-sexps. Computers
shouldn't yet do all our thinking for us...)

MfG,
Tayssir