From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: Celtic (+ Cells LTk) Update
First, the Tk Hang Issue. Phukit. I built what i could of
superlatestgreatest and I can now type in text entry fields. After the
first try, which always hangs, "first" not yet clearly defined. And no
matter what, calling TK_GetOpenFile (name?) still hangs. I modified TK
to log events to a text file to try to find out the last thing that
happened before a hang, then decided, ToHellWithIt. I will worry about
this if I ever need to use Celtic in anger. I am sure it is just the
usual BS.

Second, so I just went ahead and filled out the rest of the Celtic
wrappers, including all the various menu types and almost all the canvas
items.

Yawn. I am going to do a little Cells tutorial built around a Celtic
example within the larger context of a first-ever formal model of Cells
which arose while working towards Cells II, then get back to Cello. I
miss those spinning shapes.

kt

--
Cells? Cello? Celtik?: http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/
From: John Thingstad
Subject: Re: Celtic (+ Cells LTk) Update
On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 03:51:17 GMT, Kenny Tilton <·······@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> First, the Tk Hang Issue. Phukit. I built what i could of
> superlatestgreatest and I can now type in text entry fields. After the
> first try, which always hangs, "first" not yet clearly defined. And no
> matter what, calling TK_GetOpenFile (name?) still hangs. I modified TK
> to log events to a text file to try to find out the last thing that
> happened before a hang, then decided, ToHellWithIt. I will worry about
> this if I ever need to use Celtic in anger. I am sure it is just the
> usual BS.
>
> Second, so I just went ahead and filled out the rest of the Celtic
> wrappers, including all the various menu types and almost all the canvas
> items.
>
> Yawn. I am going to do a little Cells tutorial built around a Celtic
> example within the larger context of a first-ever formal model of Cells
> which arose while working towards Cells II, then get back to Cello. I
> miss those spinning shapes.
>
> kt

Just an idea..
It seems that the python tk interface ran into a simular problem some
versions back.
Perhaps the source could provide some insights?