From: David R. Sky
Subject: Looking for Nyquist list
I'm looking for an email list devoted to or talking about Nyquist, based on
XLisp, created by Roger Dannenberg. It's a music synthesis and analysis
language. Anyone know of such a thing?

Thanks in advance!

David Sky

From: sj
Subject: Re: Looking for Nyquist list
I've also been looking for a Nyquist list but don't believe one exits. From
what I can tell not a whole lot of people are using it. Too bad!!

Searching google for Nyquist and XLISP brings up several hits, most are just
derivatives of Dannenberg's page.  I did find this site however
http://www.ece.cmu.edu/~pstanley/music/compositions/

Also the Audacity sound editor uses Nyquist as a scripting language.  I
haven't played much with it myself but it may have great potential.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/manual-1.2/menu_effects.html#nyquistfx

BTW I have several dozen Nyquist files I'm considering releasing to public
domain. I want to clean them up a bit first but if your interested let me
know.

Steven Jones

David R. Sky wrote:

> I'm looking for an email list devoted to or talking about Nyquist, based
> on XLisp, created by Roger Dannenberg. It's a music synthesis and analysis
> language. Anyone know of such a thing?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> David Sky

Replace underscores in email address to reply
From: David R. Sky
Steven,

I certainly am interested in your Nyquist code! I've written several
plug-ins so far (first time learning about Nyquist and therefore
introduced to any kind of Lisp), some of my plug-ins are posted at
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/plugins.php . I can send you mine too if you
want.

Thanks for the URL.

david Sky