From: Kenneth Tilton
Subject: (and lispworks macosx GLUT)?
Anybody using Lispworks to talk to Apple's native Glut (not the X11
glut)? I am just getting started on the Cello port to OS X, and just
starting to stare at my first problem, so I thought I would check in to
see if anyone might have some experience.

Lispworks on win32 talking to Freeglut works fine, fwiw.

I get thru glutInit and a couple other glutInit* functions OK, but the
entire image silently goes south when I call glutCreateWindow.

One leading suspect is that I have not yet decided between Lispworks and
MCL or even OpenMCL, so I am still using the trial version which is
documented as capable of such sabotage as the heap limit is reached (and
I get backtraces requiring me to extend the heap during the build).

Hmmmm. I'll try extracting the bare minimum of code to get to
glutCreateWindow, that might work.

It also might help if I could break into the ProjectBuilder debugger
when I enter gCW, if such a thing is possible. I know there was a time
when I was able to get into the VC6 debugger in win32 DLLs.

Anyone know if that is even possible? I'll be pestering the mac
programming groups as well.

kenny