From: surendra
Subject: lisp problem
I am using clisp and x-emacs with slime. When i try to interpret a piece
of code it gives me the following message, but the code seems to compile
ok. I am not able to understand this message, any suggestions or more
information will be most welcome.

(10) (error/warning) Error in process filter: (wrong-type-argument
stringp nil)

thanks
Surendra
From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: lisp problem

    surendra> (10) (error/warning) Error in process filter:
    surendra> (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)

This looks like a known bug.  It's possible that this is fixed in
XEmacs 21.4.16 (scheduled for release "real soon now"[1]).  You may as
well try building from CVS sources now.  (You appear to be a Windows
user, but I cannot predict when binaries will be available for that
platform---"real soon now" applies only to the source release.)

Footnotes:
[1]  Which is meant literally and should not be confused with Real
Soon Now.  No, I can't say when, but the activity level from the 21.4
maintainer is quite promising.