From: Frank Buss
Subject: Games in CLIM
I've published my last painter project and added a GUI to my tilt-mazes
implementation:

http://www.frank-buss.de/lisp/clim.html

Some questions:

- how can I avoid redraw-flickering? Is there are a way to enable double-
buffering?

- how can I use the cursor-keys for commands? Is there are a portable way
for all CLIM implementations?

- the text-editor I used for displaying the help text has a manual set
height, because if I don't set the height, it gets one which shows only
the first line. Is this a bug in the LispWork CLIM implementation or is
there something I have to do to calculate the right height?

- is there a better way to show the help text, with an read-only-
multiline-label instead of an editable text area?

In general I think CLIM is a nice framework, which helps you to write
applications fast, which needs many interactive elements, with abstract
mappers from data to GUI and vice versa, where the systems decides which
input sources are used and how it looks best for the given system. But it
is not so good for writing games, where you want to control every pixel
and key yourself.

--
Frank Bu�, ··@frank-buss.de