From: Lisptracker
Subject: comp.lang.lisp archives
Hello,

Could you tell me Where can I find arhived contents of comp.lang.lisp
for 1998 - 2004 years and maybe before 1990 ? After long search I've
found archives from Jan 1990 to Mar 1997 only (URL
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/ai-repository/ai/lang/lisp/news/lisp/).

I need it to find answers on previously asked questions ando so to
keep c.l.l from bloating. Maybe it can help others as well.

Thanks in advance
Lisptracker

From: Matthew Danish
Subject: Re: comp.lang.lisp archives

http://groups.google.com/ has the archives of most newsgroups.

--
;; Matthew Danish -- user: mrd domain: cmu.edu
;; OpenPGP public key: C24B6010 on keyring.debian.org
From: Lisptracker
Matthew Danish <··········@cmu.edu> wrote in message news:<··············@mapcar.org>...
> ···········@mail.ru (Lisptracker) writes:
> > Could you tell me Where can I find arhived contents of comp.lang.lisp
>
> http://groups.google.com/ has the archives of most newsgroups.

I mean compressed content or at least tar files.
I've found several discussions about the topic and I conclude that
nobody knows where to find rest parts of archives in same form as in
http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/ai-repository/ai/lang/lisp/news/lisp.

Google groups is not bad place, but I don't know how to extract
messages (my web downloader is broken). I can't read it on-line
because of bad connection.

Maybe somebody have such archive on his(her) machine ????

Regards
Lisptracker
From: Reini Urban
Lisptracker schrieb:
> Matthew Danish <··········@cmu.edu> wrote in message news:<··············@mapcar.org>...
>>···········@mail.ru (Lisptracker) writes:
>>>Could you tell me Where can I find arhived contents of comp.lang.lisp
>>http://groups.google.com/ has the archives of most newsgroups.
>
> I mean compressed content or at least tar files.
> I've found several discussions about the topic and I conclude that
> nobody knows where to find rest parts of archives in same form as in
> http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/ai-repository/ai/lang/lisp/news/lisp.
>
> Google groups is not bad place, but I don't know how to extract
> messages (my web downloader is broken). I can't read it on-line
> because of bad connection.

Anyone knows of a google news crawler to store the old messages into
mailboxes?
Looks like a good months-job for some public archive-site.
(just in case google follows deja)

Lars (GMANE) only stores the mailing lists in mboxes, not this group.
   http://gmane.org/host.php

BTW: How about the new google beta layout?
   http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp
I vastly prefer it to the old one.
--
Reini Urban