From: Szymon
Subject: How to detect fill pointer?
My solution:

(if (not (ignore-errors (fill-pointer ...vector... ))) ..... ).

It's _very_ slow. Any better ideas?
There should be built-in function, but I can't find it.

Regards, Szymon.

From: Edi Weitz
Subject: Re: How to detect fill pointer?
On 19 Oct 2004 09:19:35 +0200, Szymon <············@o2.pl> wrote:

> My solution:
>
> (if (not (ignore-errors (fill-pointer ...vector... ))) ..... ).
>
> It's _very_ slow. Any better ideas?
> There should be built-in function, but I can't find it.

Are you looking for ARRAY-HAS-FILL-POINTER-P? The CLHS has a very nice
feature called "Permuted Symbol Index". Looking at its entry for "F"
will reveal this function.

  <http://www.lispworks.com/reference/HyperSpec/Front/X_Perm_F.htm>

HTH,
Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Szymon
Edi Weitz <········@agharta.de> writes:

> [.....]
> > There should be built-in function, but I can't find it.
>
> Are you looking for ARRAY-HAS-FILL-POINTER-P?

Yes.

> The CLHS has a very nice feature called "Permuted Symbol Index". Looking
> at its entry for "F" will reveal this function.

:)

Thank you.

Regards, Szymon.
From: Lars Brinkhoff

--
Lars Brinkhoff,         Services for Unix, Linux, GCC, HTTP
Brinkhoff Consulting    http://www.brinkhoff.se/