From: Vladimir Sedach
Subject: Announcement: Isis, an (old) new Lisp dialect from Media Lab Europe.
I came upon Isis while searching the web for something unrelated a
couple of days ago. Apparently, it's a dialect of Lisp developed by
Stefan Agamanolis at the Media Lab for multimedia work since 1995. Not
many people have heard of it, since "As of August 2004, it is no
longer necessary to license Isis from the Media Lab in order to
download and use it." I just got around to downloading and compiling
it tonight, so I don't have too many impressions yet, aside from that
it's pretty similar in goals to Lush.

PS - When compiling I had some trouble with isis_v4l2 (appears to be
the video capture module). Remove it's build targets and references to
it in main.c and Isis compiles (and seems to run) ok.

PPS - I'm in no way related to the Media Lab.

Vladimir

http://www.medialabeurope.org/isis/
http://www.medialabeurope.org/isis/downloads/install.sh (for auto install, the script downloads the file below)
http://www.medialabeurope.org/isis/downloads/isis.tgz (for manual install - note: it's 44mb!)
From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: DELETE-FILE? Was: Announcement: Isis
Vladimir Sedach <(string-downcase (concatenate 'string last-name (subseq first-name 0 1)))@cpsc.ucalgary.ca> writes:
> http://www.medialabeurope.org/isis/

They've got a remove-file function. Does it means it's not destructive? ;-)

Voting Democrat or Republican is like choosing a cabin in the Titanic.