From: rif
Subject: SERIES vs. ITERATE?
I'm thinking of taking some time to take a closer look at one or both.
I've been reading the documentation a bit, and I'm wondering what
experiences people've had.  What are the strengths and weaknesses of
each?  Do they more-or-less address the same class of problems?

The ITERATE "advocacy" document manages to slam a bunch of other
approaches, but the worst it seems to be able to come up with about
SERIES is that it is complicated.

Any thoughts on the topic are welcome.

Cheers,

rif
From: Arthur Lemmens
Subject: Re: SERIES vs. ITERATE?
ยทยทยท@mit.edu wrote:

> I'm thinking of taking some time to take a closer look at one or both.
> I've been reading the documentation a bit, and I'm wondering what
> experiences people've had.

I think that both SERIES and ITERATE are worth looking at.

If you're interested in some big new discoveries (like you can get
from CLOS or the condition system or CLIM, for example), try SERIES.

But if you just want a practical tool that's better than LOOP and that
you can start using today, try ITERATE.

Arthur