From: ······@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Python gets macros
> (defun foo ()
> 	(local-let x 0)
> 	... do something with x)

Not easily, because the "local-let" command is in a smaller scope than
the place where it is used. Paul Graham in Arc was considering allowing
something like this (through default variable declaration) but found
that it caused problems with allowing elegant macros in the language.
To the best of my knowledge, Pascal's response is as close as you can
get without writing a code-walker (which is do-able, but not very
pretty...) but I think Pascal's syntax is more desirable for lispers
anyway (and is commonly used by many lispers)

--
Conrad Barski, M.D.
From: ······@gmail.com
I meant Aurélien's response.