From: Tayssir John Gabbour
Subject: Re: Python gets macros
Pascal Costanza wrote:
> On a related note, here is another link to a project that attempts to

> reinvent the wheel:
> http://www.onboard.jetbrains.com/articles/04/10/lop/index.html

I'm not sure I understood the first half of p.4, which was the only
serious part. Completely fuzzy to me. Is there someplace where he walks
through an example?

All I understand from that section is you can construct a new language
which can have fairly arbitrary syntax, which compiles to Java. The
main advantage over Lisp macros is the syntax doesn't have to look at
all like the target language.

It would be a nice project if it works, since obviously there is a
better target language than Java. And it may become a usefully
subversive tool.

MfG,
Tayssir
--
Tyranny of the majority is another term for democracy.
Tragedy of the commons is averted by the crudest communication.