From: Bruno Haible
Subject: Crossing the 4 GB barrier
After Allegro CL and Scieneer Common Lisp, GNU CLISP now also supports
  - heap sizes greater than 4 gigabytes and
  - memory images greater than 4 gigabytes.
Of course, on 64-bit CPUs only. We're using 10 GB memory images in
production use on AMD64 processors.

You find it in the CLISP CVS (see http://clisp.sourceforge.net/); it
will also be supported starting from the next release.

               Bruno
From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: Crossing the 4 GB barrier
Greetings!  Great!  Congratulations!

It might also be noteworthy that GCL has seen some serious large image
production work since 2.6.x was released.  I believe researchers at UT
working with ACL2, (possibly in conjunction with coworkers at AMD),
have been using an >24GB ACL2/GCL image on an 8-way Itanium system --
over a billion cons cells.

Take care,

--
Camm Maguire			     			····@enhanced.com