From: peng yue
Subject: Problem with heap size in ACL6.2 trial edition
From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: Re: Problem with heap size in ACL6.2 trial edition
peng yue wrote:
> hi, there,
> I am doing some personal experimental programming work in ACL6.2 trial
> edition. But the application always hit the heap size limit(20M) of
> ACL6.2 trial edition. Can anyone provide me one no heap size limit
> edition or download url? I will keep your edition as personal private
> collection without your permission of transmission.
> Thanks in advance for any help,

 From another article today:

After Allegro CL and Scieneer Common Lisp, GNU CLISP now also supports
   - heap sizes greater than 4 gigabytes and
   - memory images greater than 4 gigabytes.
Of course, on 64-bit CPUs only. We're using 10 GB memory images in
production use on AMD64 processors.

You find it in the CLISP CVS (see http://clisp.sourceforge.net/); it
will also be supported starting from the next release.

Otherwise, try the vendor, maybe you can persuade them. Or try the
Lispworks freebee. That is crippled differently and might work for you.

kenny

--
Cells? Cello? Celtik?: http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/