From: Peter Seibel
Subject: gigamonkeys.com down for the count
Just wanted to spread the word that I'm having some troubles with the
gigamonkeys.com box so if you point anyone to my book and they can't
get to it that's why. Tell them to try back in a day or two--I should
be getting it back on line one way or another.

-Peter

From: David Steuber
Subject: Re: gigamonkeys.com down for the count
Peter Seibel <·····@javamonkey.com> writes:

> Just wanted to spread the word that I'm having some troubles with the
> gigamonkeys.com box so if you point anyone to my book and they can't
> get to it that's why. Tell them to try back in a day or two--I should
> be getting it back on line one way or another.

What happened?  Did you get slashdotted because of your Lisp book?

--
An ideal world is left as an excercise to the reader.
   --- Paul Graham, On Lisp 8.1
From: Peter Seibel
David Steuber <·····@david-steuber.com> writes:

> Peter Seibel <·····@javamonkey.com> writes:
>
>> Just wanted to spread the word that I'm having some troubles with the
>> gigamonkeys.com box so if you point anyone to my book and they can't
>> get to it that's why. Tell them to try back in a day or two--I should
>> be getting it back on line one way or another.
>
> What happened?  Did you get slashdotted because of your Lisp book?

Heh. I wish. Just some problems with the box--I'm not sure yet what.
It's run by a friend of mine but since most of my my mail goes through
the same box too we've been incommunicado.

-Peter

From: Peter Seibel
Peter Seibel <·····@javamonkey.com> writes:

> David Steuber <·····@david-steuber.com> writes:
>
>> Peter Seibel <·····@javamonkey.com> writes:
>>
>>> Just wanted to spread the word that I'm having some troubles with the
>>> gigamonkeys.com box so if you point anyone to my book and they can't
>>> get to it that's why. Tell them to try back in a day or two--I should
>>> be getting it back on line one way or another.
>>
>> What happened?  Did you get slashdotted because of your Lisp book?
>
> Heh. I wish. Just some problems with the box--I'm not sure yet what.
> It's run by a friend of mine but since most of my my mail goes through
> the same box too we've been incommunicado.

<http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/> seems to be back on line and my
mail is flowing again.

-Peter