From: Ryan White
Subject: Desktop apps
Newbie here...

I'm getting comfortable writing bits 'n pieces to run off the command-line,
and am wanting to branch out into putting some sort of GUI on the front end
of my code.

Since I come from a web-development background, I've no idea how.

Is there some sort of tutorial, howto or set of ideas anyone can give me?

Thank you
Ryan

From: Frank Buss
Subject: Re: Desktop apps
"Ryan White" <···········@foo.com> wrote:

> I'm getting comfortable writing bits 'n pieces to run off the
> command-line, and am wanting to branch out into putting some sort of
> GUI on the front end of my code.

http://www.cliki.net/Graphics%20Toolkit
LTK and CLIM are nice platform and implementation independent toolkits for
Lisp GUI programs.

--
Frank Bu�, ··@frank-buss.de
From: Mark Carter
Frank Buss wrote:

> "Ryan White" <···········@foo.com> wrote:
>

>>I'm getting comfortable writing bits 'n pieces to run off the
>>command-line, and am wanting to branch out into putting some sort of
>>GUI on the front end of my code.
>

> http://www.cliki.net/Graphics%20Toolkit
> LTK and CLIM are nice platform and implementation independent toolkits for
> Lisp GUI programs.

I had touched on the matter over at a previous thread. Have a look at my
page:
http://www.markcarter.me.uk/computing/lisp/apps.htm
My objective was to be Windows-friendly, as well as Linux compatable.

Requires some integration work, mind.
From: Andrei Stebkov
Mark, do you use cl-glade to generate CL code from Glade's XML?

Thanks,
Andrei

From: Mark Carter
Andrei Stebkov wrote:
> Mark, do you use cl-glade to generate CL code from Glade's XML?

No. I haven't used Glade, but hand-coded the interface I wanted. It's
not exactly great of me, I know, but I'm really only just learning Lisp
and GTK.
From: Keith Irwin
Mark Carter wrote:
> Andrei Stebkov wrote:
>
>> Mark, do you use cl-glade to generate CL code from Glade's XML?
>

> No. I haven't used Glade, but hand-coded the interface I wanted. It's
> not exactly great of me, I know, but I'm really only just learning Lisp
> and GTK.

Is anyone writing a cl wrapper around libglade?  Seems like the cl glade
projects I've looked at actually parse the XML rather than letting the
library do it.

Perhaps those projects were started before libglade was created?  Don't
know the history.