From: Paul Khuong
Subject: Franz ACL and low-level Windows event handling
I've been fighting with ACL for over 2 hours now, and I still don't
see what I'm doing wrong. I want to have a window that never takes
keyboard focus (like the onscreen keyboard). All the sources I read
tell me I only need to return MA_NOACTIVATE on the WM_MOUSEACTIVATE
event, like this:

  BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(COnscreenKeyboardDlg, CDialog)
  ON_WM_MOUSEACTIVATE()
  //}}AFX_MSG_MAP
  END_MESSAGE_MAP()

  int COnscreenKeyboardDlg::OnMouseActivate( CWnd* pDesktopWnd, UINT
nHitTest, UINT message )
  {
    return MA_NOACTIVATE;
  }

When I define win:wm_mouseactivate with
  (defmethod win:wm_mouseactivate ((pane my-bitmap-pane) wparam
lparam)
   ...                    ;;without (call-next-method)
    win:ma_noactivate),
the function is obviously triggered (I see the expected output in the
console), but the return value doesn't seem to be doing anything. What
am I supposed to do to have the event-handler return a given value to
the system?

TIA,
 Paul Khuong

PS, i'd crosspost to cll.franz, but it seems pretty moribund.