From: David Golden
Subject: Re: Python (the scripting language) bindings for CMUCL
Ville Hakulinen wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Has anybody made Python's (the scripting language) C-api callable from
> CMUCL? I thought it might be useful to be able to use Python's libraries
> from CMUCL. I tried to google around, but didn't find anything. So do you
> think it is just trivial, for example just running all Python's header
> files through FFIGen or are there some pitfalls about which one should be
> aware?

Are you talking about python-code libraries, or python bindings to C
libraries? Many of Python's C library bindings are (ISTR) produced by SWIG.
AFAIK SWIG can be convinced to output Allegro and UFFI CL FFI bindings,
improving that support might be more worthwhile, as a way to rapidly
inflate the CL "supported C libraries" count.

Or, you could write a python _implementation_ in CL, I guess - worked
for Java :-)