From: Nate Foster
Subject: ICFP Contest Reminder
There are less than 4 days until the start of the 2004 ICFP
Programming Contest! The contest begins Friday (June 4) at 16:00 UTC
and lasts for three days. It is open to anyone.

We have a range of exciting prizes for the winners (pending final
budget approval):

	* First prize: $1000, free conference registration for two student
	  team members, and the satisfaction of hearing the judges
	  proclaim your programming language "the programming tool of
	  choice for discriminating hackers."

	* Second prize: $300, free conference registration for one student
	  team member, and the consolation of hearing us proclaim your
	  programming language "a fine programming tool for many
	  applications."

	* Lightning prize: $100, and the joy of hearing us esteem
	  your programming language as "very suitable for rapid
	  prototyping."

	* Judges prize: $100, and the pleasure of hearing us call you a
	  group of "extremely cool hackers."

More details can be found on our website:

      http://icfpcontest.org/

and in the contest announcement appended to this message.

So... "Oil the treadmill bearings and feed your squirrels; check the
LN2 levels in the cooling dewars; limber up your hands and pop your
ibuprofen; stock up on the French roast and double-check the grinder
settings, because it'll all kick loose on [Friday]!" (Shivers &
Feeley, 1st ICFP Contest)

	--PLClub
	  University of Pennsylvania