From: Hrvoje Blazevic
Subject: Slime
I have a different problem with SLIME. It does not kill my computer (I'm
running Fedora1), but it takes a very long time to start. It gets busy
compiling something, and it takes something like two minutes to
complete. If it would do this only the first time, that would be OK, but
it does this every time I run M-x slime.

Is this the usual behavior, or is it just me?

-- Hrvoje

From: Svein Ove Aas
Subject: Re: Slime
Hrvoje Blazevic wrote:

> I have a different problem with SLIME. It does not kill my computer (I'm
> running Fedora1), but it takes a very long time to start. It gets busy
> compiling something, and it takes something like two minutes to
> complete. If it would do this only the first time, that would be OK, but
> it does this every time I run M-x slime.
>
> Is this the usual behavior, or is it just me?

It's just you. The compilation is only supposed to happen once.

Where is SLIME installed? How is it installed?
Is your computer's clock accurate?
From: Hrvoje Blazevic
Svein Ove Aas wrote:

> It's just you. The compilation is only supposed to happen once.
>
> Where is SLIME installed? How is it installed?
> Is your computer's clock accurate?

Is my computer clock accurate? Well... it was only about 3 days slow :-)

thanks