From: Kevin M. Rosenberg
Subject: ANN: CLSQL 2.11.0 with full Oracle & AMD64 support
I've released CLSQL[1] version 2.11.0 which adds the 7th database
backend to CLSQL: full Oracle support. 64-bit support has been added
and CLSQL now passes all of its 205 regression suite tests on the
Allegro CL AMD64 platform.

With Marcus Pearce's very fine collaboration, CLSQL is nearing a 3.0
release. That milestone will have full CommonSQL backward
compatibility (more than 99% complete now), more regression tests, and
updated documentation to include the many new features recently added.

CLSQL supports AllegroCL, CMUCL, Lispworks, OpenMCL, SCL, and
SBCL. CLSQL is available at http://clsql.b9.com

--
Kevin Rosenberg
·····@rosenberg.net

From: Karl A. Krueger
Subject: Re: ANN: CLSQL 2.11.0 with full Oracle & AMD64 support
Kevin M. Rosenberg <·····@rosenberg.net> wrote:
> I've released CLSQL[1] version 2.11.0 which adds the 7th database
> backend to CLSQL: full Oracle support. 64-bit support has been added
> and CLSQL now passes all of its 205 regression suite tests on the
> Allegro CL AMD64 platform.

Great!  As a CLSQL user at an institution that's deploying Oracle,
I look forward to using this.  Thank you for your work on CLSQL.

--
Karl A. Krueger <········@example.edu>
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
From: Kevin M. Rosenberg
On 2004-05-25, Karl A. Krueger <········@example.edu> wrote:
> Great!  As a CLSQL user at an institution that's deploying Oracle,
> I look forward to using this.  Thank you for your work on CLSQL.

Very good! You may wish to join the clsql-devel mail list. I'd like to
hear your experience. I released 2.11.1 which simplifies the loading
of the Oracle shared library. With that version, Oracle Instant Client
is supported which makes it nearly trivial to use a system as an
Oracle client.

--
Kevin Rosenberg
·····@rosenberg.net