From: Marco Antoniotti
Subject: Re: CLSQL - feature request?
······@fisica.unige.it wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm learning CL in these days (well, months actually - i do that in my
> spare time, because I use c++/python for my job) and getting more and
> more confident with the language, anyway i'm still a cl
> newbie. Yesterday I experimented a bit with CLSQL (which is very nice
> imo). I did not notice any support for placeholders / query
> parameters, i.e. something like
>
> (clsql:query "select A, B from C where A=?" ; query
>              '(1)) ; bindings

(clsql:query (format nil "select A, B from C where A = ~D" 1))

> or, maybe,
>
> (clsql:query "select A, B from C where A=%(bind1) AND D=%(bind2)" ; query
>              '((bind1 . 1) (bind2 . 2)) ; bindings

(clsql:query (format nil "select A, B from C where A = ~S and D = ~S" 1 2))

> am I wrong? If not, does anyone know if this is a planned feature?

As you can see it is a useless feature :)  If you are not satisfied with
the above you can do

(defmacro query* (q &rest args)
    `(clsql:query (apply #'format nil ,q ,args)))

Then you can write

	(query* "select A, B from C where A = ~D AND D = ~D" 1 2)

Cheers
--
Marco Antoniotti