From: Glenn Ehrlich
Subject: How can I add to the ALU Road to Lisp Survey?
Anyone,

I'm trying to add myself to the ALU's Road to Lisp Survey, and I keep
getting this response from the web server:

Proxy Error

The proxy server could not handle the request POST /edit/Glenn
Ehrlich's Road to Lisp.

Reason: Document contains no data.

I *swear* I've got stuff in there.  I've even tried making a simple
"Glenn Ehrlich" page, but that doesn't work either.

Any suggestions on what I need to do?

Thanks in advance.

Glenn Ehrlich

From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: Re: How can I add to the ALU Road to Lisp Survey?
I /think/ I just created it, pasting in the template as the content.

     http://alu.cliki.net/Glenn%20Ehrlich

  See if you can edit it to fill in your response (try a simple edit
first just to see if it works). If not, mebbe mail me your response and
I'll paste it in. Probably you just ran into a temporary downage.

kenny

--
Home? http://tilton-technology.com
Cells? http://www.common-lisp.net/project/cells/
From: OCID
Kenny Tilton <·······@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message news:<·······················@twister.nyc.rr.com>...
> I /think/ I just created it, pasting in the template as the content.
>
>      http://alu.cliki.net/Glenn%20Ehrlich
>
>   See if you can edit it to fill in your response (try a simple edit
> first just to see if it works). If not, mebbe mail me your response and
> I'll paste it in. Probably you just ran into a temporary downage.
>
> kenny

Hey Kenny,
I am having a problem adding a page as well. Finally decided to fill this out.

Take Care

Sanjay Pande
From: Kenny Tilton
OCID wrote:
> Kenny Tilton <·······@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message news:<·······················@twister.nyc.rr.com>...
>
>>I /think/ I just created it, pasting in the template as the content.
>>
>>     http://alu.cliki.net/Glenn%20Ehrlich
>>
>>  See if you can edit it to fill in your response (try a simple edit
>>first just to see if it works). If not, mebbe mail me your response and
>>I'll paste it in. Probably you just ran into a temporary downage.
>>
>>kenny
>

> Hey Kenny,
> I am having a problem adding a page as well. Finally decided to fill this out.

First of all, everyone should check out Glenn's Road, it reads like the
History of Lisp, Part II. (link above works) But note to Glenn: the
switch date is supposed to be the date Lisp "stuck", so... 2004? It
would be cool having a twenty-five year long Road.

Sanjay or anyone: here are the questions, if you want to just email me
your responses I will put up the pages. If you do it on your own, lemme
know by email and I will make sure the necessary indexes get updated.
There still seems to be a problem with the indexing.

Speaking of which, here is another recent response I need to go check on
indexing-wise:

    http://alu.cliki.net/Dave%20Fayram's%20Road%20to%20Lisp

That's from the Class of 2004.

kenny

From: Kenny Tilton
Kenny Tilton wrote:

> Sanjay or anyone: here are the questions

I, ?, do solemnly offer these my responses to The Road to Lisp Survey:

When did you first try Lisp seriously, and which Lisp family member was it?
Meaning any member of the Lisp family. As for "when", many of us had
multiple encounters with a Lisp before it really stuck. The "stick" date
is of most interest.

What led you to try Lisp?

What other languages have you been using most?

How far have you gotten in your study of Lisp?
Hard to answer, I know. Just looking for a rough idea.

What do you think of Lisp so far?