From: David Steuber
Subject: uControl for OS X
I finally got tired of having to reach for a tiny control key on my
PowerBook when using Emacs.  A neat utility called uControl fixes the
problem by letting me map my capslock key to the ctrl function.  The
only problem is that the light doesn't know about the change.  It's a
GPL app:

http://gnufoo.org/ucontrol/ucontrol.html

It is a definite must have.  It isn't taking my fingers long to
retrain at all.

--
I wouldn't mind the rat race so much if it wasn't for all the damn cats.

From: Jacek Generowicz
Subject: Re: uControl for OS X
David Steuber <·····@david-steuber.com> writes:

> I finally got tired of having to reach for a tiny control key on my
> PowerBook when using Emacs.  A neat utility called uControl fixes the
> problem by letting me map my capslock key to the ctrl function.  The
> only problem is that the light doesn't know about the change.  It's a
> GPL app:
>
> http://gnufoo.org/ucontrol/ucontrol.html

I use it to remap the stupid small enter key to control ... without
that I would essentially not be able to use my Powerbook.

Anybody know what Apple was thinking of when they put an enter key in
that position ?
From: David Steuber
Jacek Generowicz <················@cern.ch> writes:

> David Steuber <·····@david-steuber.com> writes:
>
> > http://gnufoo.org/ucontrol/ucontrol.html
>
> I use it to remap the stupid small enter key to control ... without
> that I would essentially not be able to use my Powerbook.
>
> Anybody know what Apple was thinking of when they put an enter key in
> that position ?

I don't know.  I've found that it is the same as C-c, so I tap it
twice to post :-)

--
I wouldn't mind the rat race so much if it wasn't for all the damn cats.
From: David Magda
David Steuber <·····@david-steuber.com> writes:

> I wouldn't mind the rat race so much if it wasn't for all the damn cats.

Remember, even if you win the rat race you're still a rat.

(Don't remember the source of that quotation.)

--
David Magda <dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca>, http://www.magda.ca/
From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
+ David Magda <··················@ee.ryerson.ca>:

| David Steuber <·····@david-steuber.com> writes:
|
| > I wouldn't mind the rat race so much if it wasn't for all the damn cats.
|
| Remember, even if you win the rat race you're still a rat.
|
| (Don't remember the source of that quotation.)

Lily Tomlin.

- Debating gives most of us much more psychological satisfaction
  than thinking does: but it deprives us of whatever chance there is
  of getting closer to the truth.  -- C.P. Snow
From: David Steuber
David Magda <··················@ee.ryerson.ca> writes:

> David Steuber <·····@david-steuber.com> writes:
>
> > I wouldn't mind the rat race so much if it wasn't for all the damn cats.
>
> Remember, even if you win the rat race you're still a rat.

It beats being eaten by a cat.

--
I wouldn't mind the rat race so much if it wasn't for all the damn cats.