From: Christopher C. Stacy
Subject: is anyone using CL-SQL on CMUCL?
Would you please recite here the exact incantation
that you are using to load the system?

From: Kevin M. Rosenberg
Subject: Re: is anyone using CL-SQL on CMUCL?
On 2004-05-12, Christopher C. Stacy <······@news.dtpq.com> wrote:
> Would you please recite here the exact incantation
> that you are using to load the system?

I have the CLSQL and UFFI directories in my asdf:*central-registry*
when I start Lisp[1] so I just:

(asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op 'clsql)

In http://clsql.b9.com/manual/installation.html there are examples of
pushing the library directories onto asdf:*central-registry* and then

Your question asks about loading CLSQL on CMUCL. There is no
difference in loading CLSQL across CMUCL, SBCL, OpenMCL, Lispworks, or
Allegro platforms.

If you're interested in CLSQL on AMD64, I'm just putting the finishing
touches on a new version which passes all regression tests on
AllegroCL 7.0beta AMD64 using the Postgresql, Postgresql-socket,
MySQL, SQLite, and ODBC backends.

[1] http://clsql.b9.com/manual/installation.html

--
Kevin Rosenberg
·····@rosenberg.net
From: Christopher C. Stacy

 Kevin> On 2004-05-12, Chris C. Stacy <······@news.dtpq.com> wrote:
 >>> Would you please recite here the exact incantation
 >>> that you are using to load the system?

 Kevin> I have the CLSQL and UFFI directories in my asdf:*central-registry*
 Kevin> when I start Lisp[1] so I just:

 Kevin> (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op 'clsql)

 Kevin> In http://clsql.b9.com/manual/installation.html there are examples of
 Kevin> pushing the library directories onto asdf:*central-registry* and then
 Kevin> loading the ASDF systems.

 Chris> Just in case anyone else besides me gets confused about this,
 Chris> the salient point that I have learned from Kevin and others
 Chris> is that ASDF doesn't work properly with logical pathnames.
 Chris> That's all that was not working for me.

The ASDF developer has said that he might be able to look into this.