From: Tayssir John Gabbour
Subject: _Lisp Lore_ by Bromley/Lamson
Does anyone know if this book covers multiprocessing or gui
programming on the lispm's? Is there a review or TOC that I can look
at?

_Lisp Lore_ by Bromley/Lamson

Thanks for any help.

From: Robert Bruce Carleton
Subject: Re: _Lisp Lore_ by Bromley/Lamson
Chapter 6 (User Interface) covers ui programming.  Chapter 7 has an
example of graphing, Chapter 9 has a calculator example, and chapter 11
has a card game example.

From: Lars Brinkhoff
Robert Bruce Carleton <···@hakuhale.net> writes:
> Tayssir John Gabbour wrote:
> > Does anyone know if [_Lisp Lore_ by Bromley/Lamson] covers
> > multiprocessing or gui programming on the lispm's?
> Chapter 6 (User Interface) covers ui programming.  Chapter 7 has an
> example of graphing, Chapter 9 has a calculator example, and chapter
> 11 has a card game example.

The first section of chapter 4 (More on Navigating the Lisp Machine)
covers the scheduler and processes.

--
Lars Brinkhoff,         Services for Unix, Linux, GCC, HTTP
Brinkhoff Consulting    http://www.brinkhoff.se/
From: Christopher C. Stacy

 Lars> Robert Bruce Carleton <···@hakuhale.net> writes:
 >> Tayssir John Gabbour wrote:
 >> > Does anyone know if [_Lisp Lore_ by Bromley/Lamson] covers
 >> > multiprocessing or gui programming on the lispm's?
 >> Chapter 6 (User Interface) covers ui programming.  Chapter 7 has an
 >> example of graphing, Chapter 9 has a calculator example, and chapter
 >> 11 has a card game example.

 Lars> The first section of chapter 4 (More on Navigating the Lisp Machine)
 Lars> covers the scheduler and processes.

A better reference for these kinds of things, for Symbolics anyway,
would be the extensive Symbolics documentation (which was delivered
in a hypertext format, or in printed form - about 5 feet thick.)
I think the book you're looking for is called "Internals".
To obtain this, I would suggest contacting either Symbolics,
or anyone who has a Symbolics Lisp Machine.
From: Paolo Amoroso
···········@yahoo.com (Tayssir John Gabbour) writes:

> Does anyone know if this book covers multiprocessing or gui
> programming on the lispm's? Is there a review or TOC that I can look
> at?
>
> _Lisp Lore_ by Bromley/Lamson

"Lisp Lore" deals with Symbolics LispMs.  If you are also interested
in TI Explorers, you can get a truckload of documentation about them,
including coverage of multiprocessing and GUI programming, at the
Minicomputer Orphanage.

Paolo
Recommended Common Lisp libraries/tools (Google for info on each):
- ASDF/ASDF-INSTALL: system building/installation
- CL-PPCRE: regular expressions
- UFFI: Foreign Function Interface