From: David Steuber
Subject: acl-compat instead of sb-thread & sb-bsd-socket?
In the modernizing lisp thread, acl-compat was brought up.  I went to

  http://www.cliki.net/ACL-COMPAT

and decided to go ahead and asdf-install it under sbcl.  I haven't
found the documentation yet.  Google has never been my friend.

Is acl-compat a good substitute for sb-thread and sb-bsd-socket?  Or
does it do some sort of "green threads" rather than native threads?
Where is the documentation?  Google gave me 162 hits that seem to be
irrelevent.

Maybe it should be GIGO.

Portable code is very nice but optional.

--
I wouldn't mind the rat race so much if it wasn't for all the damn cats.
From: Wade Humeniuk
Subject: Re: acl-compat instead of sb-thread & sb-bsd-socket?
David Steuber wrote:
> In the modernizing lisp thread, acl-compat was brought up.  I went to
>
>   http://www.cliki.net/ACL-COMPAT
>
> and decided to go ahead and asdf-install it under sbcl.  I haven't
> found the documentation yet.  Google has never been my friend.

Since it implements a compatibale interface to ACL multiprocessing,
try

http://www.franz.com/support/documentation/6.2/doc/multiprocessing.htm

Wade