From: Tayssir John Gabbour
Subject: Lectures: Code walkers, questioning macros, compiler macros
Some of us might be interested in a series of lectures given last week.

- Code walkers
- Questioning macros
- Teaching your compiler how to optimize your functions

http://alu.cliki.net/lisp-user-meeting-amsterdam-april-2004
From: Tayssir John Gabbour
···········@yahoo.com (Tayssir John Gabbour) wrote in message news:<····························@posting.google.com>...
> Some of us might be interested in a series of lectures given last week.
>
> - Code walkers
> - Questioning macros
> - Teaching your compiler how to optimize your functions
>
> http://alu.cliki.net/lisp-user-meeting-amsterdam-april-2004

- Compiler-macro slides released!
http://lecture.pentaside.org/paper/compilermacro-lemmens/compiler-macros-for-publication.lisp
http://lecture.pentaside.org/paper/compilermacro-lemmens/units-demo-session.lisp

Lots o' code, from various authors. One clever example was cut because
the author couldn't be contacted, where compiler macros sped up a
function with keyword params. (Keyword params can be slow, despite
presenting a friendly interface to the programmer.) Well, this example
simply transformed a function call which used keywords, into a regular
one with a bunch of fast explicit parameters.

Thanks, Arthur.

- "Paradigms of Programming" Turing lecture released!
http://lispmeister.com/downloads/floyd-paradigms-of-programming.pdf

I hope this wasn't the paper which started the meme that "lisp has
only one data structure." But otherwise, I think it is a good, rare
lecture which entreats people not to accept being one-trick ponies.

Lispmeister released the goods, in a form which permits free
redistribution.