From: Pascal Costanza
Subject: Richard Gabriel's papers about CLOS
Hi there,

Richard Gabriel has published apparently all the papers about CLOS that
he was involved in, at his website at http://www.dreamsongs.com/CLOS.html

Lots of great stuff there - highly recommended!

A few comments:

- The specification of CLOS available there is the same material that
was used for the chapters on CLOS in CLtL2. A few things have changed in
the ANSI spec - most notably they have dropped generic-flet,
generic-labels and with-added-methods.

- The papers about CLOS reflect varios stages of the CLOS specification.
(The first "official" specification  is from 1988, and the ANSI spec is
from 1995.)

- I especially find "CLOS in Context: The Shape of the Design Space"
very insightful. That paper, and the paper "User-level language
crafting" by Andreas Paepcke are in my opinion the two most interesting
papers from the book "Object-Oriented Programming - The CLOS Perspective".

Pascal

--
1st European Lisp and Scheme Workshop
June 13 - Oslo, Norway - co-located with ECOOP 2004