From: Robert Bruce Carleton
Subject: Corman lisp 2.5 with emacs-20.1.7 / Inferior lisp mode
I'm trying to run corman lisp 2.5 as an inferior lisp process under
emacs-20.7.1. I'm running Windows XP Home edition Version 2002, Service
Pack 1. I don't have a "HOME" variable set. My C:\_emacs entry looks like
this:

(setq inferior-lisp-program "c:/Program Files/Corman Technologies/Corman
Lisp 2.5/clconsole.exe")

When I try to M-X run-lisp I get the error "invalid argument".

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

--Bruce

From: John Thingstad
I have answered this before.
Try searching the Corman newsgroup for a full explenation.
The setting in *cormanlisp-dir* dosn't understand spaces in file names.
Instead it thinks everything after the space is a argument.
Hence the error. Therefore I use the DOS abbrev name as a quick fix.
The common lisp cookbook just installs corman it in a directory without
spaces.
Altso note these:
(setq ilisp-display-output-function #'ilisp-display-output-in-echo-area)
(setf ilisp-*arglist-message-lisp-space-p* nil)
These are needed to prevent it from trying (and failing) to pop up a window
with the command arguments after you press #\space after entering a
command in the
interpreter shell.
I paste in a snip from my .emacs file.
(Actually site-lisp/site-start.el since I use emacs both as Admin and User
and want the
same settings in both.)
You will altso want to make a new CormanEmacs.img image.
 From the corman site follow links and download.
I use:

1) patches from corman: array.lisp, hash-table.lisp, math.lisp,
math2.lisp, time.lisp
2) ilisp-pkg.lisp, cl-ilisp.lisp, cormanlisp.lisp (from ilisp dir)
3) util.lisp and inspect.lisp are my own adaptations

Perhaps I will offer inspect.lisp and util.lisp at my website at some
later date.
They are not critical. (although having inspect be a alias for describe
suckcs!)

(load "sys/array.lisp")
(load "sys/hash-table.lisp")
(load "sys/math.lisp")
(load "sys/math2.lisp")
(load "sys/time.lisp")
(load "inspect.lisp")
(load "util.lisp")
(load "ilisp-pkg.lisp")
(load "cl-ilisp.lisp")
(load "cormanlisp.lisp")
(save-image "cormanEmacs.img")

Good luck!

;; Corman
(autoload 'cormanlisp  "ilisp" "Inferior Corman Common Lisp." t)

(setq *cormanlisp-dir* "C:/PROGRA~1/CORMAN~1/CORMAN~1.5/")
(setq cormanlisp-program
       (concat *cormanlisp-dir* "clconsole.exe"
	       " -image " *cormanlisp-dir* "cormanEmacs.img"))

;;; This makes reading a Lisp or Scheme file load in ILISP.

(set-default 'auto-mode-alist
	     (append '(("\\.lisp$" . lisp-mode)
                        ("\\.lsp$" . lisp-mode)
                        ("\\.cl$" . lisp-mode))
                      auto-mode-alist))

(add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook '(lambda () (require 'ilisp)))

;;; Configuration of Erik Naggum's HyperSpec access package.

;; If you have a local copy of the HyperSpec, set its path here.
(setq common-lisp-hyperspec-root
        "C:/PROGRA~1/CORMAN~1/CORMAN~1.5/HyperSpec/")
(setq common-lisp-hyperspec-symbol-table
       "C:/PROGRA~1/CORMAN~1/CORMAN~1.5/HyperSpec/Data/Map_Sym.Txt")

;; If you have a local copy of Common Lisp the language, set it's path here
(setq cltl2-root-url "C:/PROGRA~1/CORMAN~1/CORMAN~1.5/cltl/")

(add-hook 'ilisp-load-hook
           '(lambda ()
	     ;; Stop ilisp from using popup windows for lisp return values
	     (setq ilisp-display-output-function
#'ilisp-display-output-in-echo-area)
	     (setf lisp-no-popper t)

              ;; Change default key prefix to C-c
              (setq ilisp-*prefix* "\C-c")

	     ;; Set a keybinding for the COMMON-LISP-HYPERSPEC command
              (defkey-ilisp "\C-ch" 'common-lisp-hyperspec)

	     ;; this cludge stops it from popping up windows
	     ;; every time I press space in cormanlisp mode
	     (setf ilisp-*arglist-message-lisp-space-p* nil)

              ;; Set the inferior Lisp directory to the directory of
              ;; the buffer that spawned it on the first prompt.
	     (message "Running ilisp-load-hook")
              (add-hook 'ilisp-init-hook
                        '(lambda ()
                           (default-directory-lisp ilisp-last-buffer)))
              ))

From: Robert Bruce Carleton
I patched my Corman install and used the DOS short cut:

(setq inferior-lisp-program "C:/PROGRA~1/CORMAN~1/CORMAN~1.5/clconsole.exe")

Now it's working.

Thanks,

                        --Bruce