From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: large 3D projects in Lisp?
I am looking for "large" 3D applications or engines that are written almost
entirely in Lisp.  "Large" would probably mean, development is well
organized and ongoing, and not the work of a single individual.  That said,
I would look at some miracle worker's project if it was beyond the usual
"alpha, not very
complete, not very useful, not very maintained" sort of thing.  What I'm
mainly seeking is evidence of Lisp's proven utility for 3D graphics.
Secondarily, open source code that can be lifted for other projects.

I am aware of:
- Jak & Daxter, GOAL, et al from Naughty Dog
- Cello

Welcoming any pointers to large 3D projects.

Brandon Van Every           Seattle, WA

"The pioneer is the one with the arrows in his back."
                          - anonymous entrepreneur

From: Reini Urban
Subject: Re: large 3D projects in Lisp?
"Brandon J. Van Every" <·····························@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<···············@ID-207230.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> I am looking for "large" 3D applications or engines that are written almost
> entirely in Lisp.  "Large" would probably mean, development is well
> organized and ongoing, and not the work of a single individual.  That said,
> I would look at some miracle worker's project if it was beyond the usual
> "alpha, not very
> complete, not very useful, not very maintained" sort of thing.  What I'm
> mainly seeking is evidence of Lisp's proven utility for 3D graphics.
> Secondarily, open source code that can be lifted for other projects.
>
> I am aware of:
> - Jak & Daxter, GOAL, et al from Naughty Dog
> - Cello
>
> Welcoming any pointers to large 3D projects.

Design++ (ACL plus some Visual Basic)
ICAD     (enterily ACL)
AutoCAD's Visual Lisp (homebrewn lisp, but more a language enviroment
than 3D)

I don't know if the original swarm code (leading eventually to
Jurassic Parc I) is large enough to qualify. It was always a one-man
project.
--
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/autocad/wiki/
From: Rainer Joswig
In article <···············@ID-207230.news.uni-berlin.de>,

www.izware.com , Mirai
From: Andreas Hinze
Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
> I am looking for "large" 3D applications or engines that are written almost
> entirely in Lisp.  "Large" would probably mean, development is well
> organized and ongoing, and not the work of a single individual.  That said,
> I would look at some miracle worker's project if it was beyond the usual
> "alpha, not very
> complete, not very useful, not very maintained" sort of thing.  What I'm
> mainly seeking is evidence of Lisp's proven utility for 3D graphics.
> Secondarily, open source code that can be lifted for other projects.
>
> I am aware of:
> - Jak & Daxter, GOAL, et al from Naughty Dog
> - Cello
>
> Welcoming any pointers to large 3D projects.

Franz has some references on their WEB page:

http://www.franz.com/success/customer_apps/mechanical_cad/

AFAIK at least ProEngineer IS a defacto standard in its field.

HtH
AHz
From: Rainer Joswig
In article <················@smi.de>, Andreas Hinze <···@smi.de> wrote:

> Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
> > I am looking for "large" 3D applications or engines that are written almost
> > entirely in Lisp.  "Large" would probably mean, development is well
> > organized and ongoing, and not the work of a single individual.  That said,
> > I would look at some miracle worker's project if it was beyond the usual
> > "alpha, not very
> > complete, not very useful, not very maintained" sort of thing.  What I'm
> > mainly seeking is evidence of Lisp's proven utility for 3D graphics.
> > Secondarily, open source code that can be lifted for other projects.
> >
> > I am aware of:
> > - Jak & Daxter, GOAL, et al from Naughty Dog
> > - Cello
> >
> > Welcoming any pointers to large 3D projects.
> >
> Franz has some references on their WEB page:
>
> http://www.franz.com/success/customer_apps/mechanical_cad/
>
> AFAIK at least ProEngineer IS a defacto standard in its field.
>
> HtH
> AHz

Not the whole ProEngineer is written in Lisp.

ProEngineer Designer is.