From: Marc Mertens
Subject: Retrieving a list of asdf-install packages
Hello,

   does someone knows how to retrieve the list of asdf-install packages from
cliki. I know you can use http://www.cliki.net/vn-cCLan or
http://www.cliki.net/asdf-install to see such a list, but I want to
retrieve this list dynamically from within a program.

   Thanks a lot in advance.

   Marc Mertens

From: Daniel Barlow
Subject: Re: Retrieving a list of asdf-install packages
Jan Rychter <···@rychter.com> writes:

> We are all hoping that the wonderful people that brought us asdf and
> asdf-install and then ported it to many CL implementations will bring us
> a CPAN.pm shell some day. Improved, with version support (sort of an
> apt-get for CL).

Really?  Nobody asked me ...

There is some vestigial support for versioning in asdf, but it was
designed without a clear use in mind and has never really been
brandished in anger.  Various stuff has to be done at the higher
levels to expose the package versions, too.

It would definitely be nice to have, I can't argue with that.  But
perhaps I should first fix the cliki bug that's making the
asdf-install package list slightly weird right now

To the original poster: what did you want such a list for?  I can add
handlers for interesting stuff like that to cliki, but if I can solve
a more general problem I'd rather do that than introduce qa million
special cases.

-dan, no longer commuting 3 hours each way to work

--
"please make sure that the person is your friend before you confirm"
From: Marc Mertens
Daniel Barlow wrote:

> Jan Rychter <···@rychter.com> writes:
>
>> We are all hoping that the wonderful people that brought us asdf and
>> asdf-install and then ported it to many CL implementations will bring us
>> a CPAN.pm shell some day. Improved, with version support (sort of an
>> apt-get for CL).
>
> Really?  Nobody asked me ...
>
> There is some vestigial support for versioning in asdf, but it was
> designed without a clear use in mind and has never really been
> brandished in anger.  Various stuff has to be done at the higher
> levels to expose the package versions, too.
>
> It would definitely be nice to have, I can't argue with that.  But
> perhaps I should first fix the cliki bug that's making the
> asdf-install package list slightly weird right now
>
> To the original poster: what did you want such a list for?  I can add
> handlers for interesting stuff like that to cliki, but if I can solve
> a more general problem I'd rather do that than introduce qa million
> special cases.
>

> -dan, no longer commuting 3 hours each way to work

I'm adding support to asdf-install to Jabberwocky and I thought it would be
nice to have a dropdown list of all the packages available to install from.
I looked in the cliki page where this list was generated and noticed that
this list is generated by the following directive ':(search :term (package)
:title "<h2>asdf-installable packages available on cliki</h2>")' I think it
would be nice to add support to this kind of queries via a url query, in
this way it will be usefull for other kind of queries also. Forgive me if
this is already possible but I did not found any reference to this.

Marc Mertens