From: E T Einarsson
Subject: write to midi file
Please help me on this:

I'm using Allegro CL trial and I'm writing functions that will give me
lists of midi events BUT I need the code that can write them to a midi
file. (I have 5 lists; attack, duration, pitch, velocity, channel),
I'm not that skilled in programming so can any1 help me get those
lists into a midi file.

Thanx

ET
········@hotmail.com

From: Christophe Rhodes
Subject: Re: write to midi file
········@hotmail.com (E T Einarsson) writes:

> I'm using Allegro CL trial and I'm writing functions that will give me
> lists of midi events BUT I need the code that can write them to a midi
> file. (I have 5 lists; attack, duration, pitch, velocity, channel),
> I'm not that skilled in programming so can any1 help me get those
> lists into a midi file.

(defun write-midi-event (attack duration pitch velocity channel)
  ...)

(mapcar #'write-midi-event attacks durations pitches velocities channels)

but I don't think this is such a great idea.  You may wish to break
your problem down into two stages: one that converts from your
representation into one that is closer to the MIDI format (with
note-on and note-off events rather than durations, for instance), and
one that writes into a file.

You may wish to investigate the midi support in the Gsharp score
editor; although it is bundled, it works fine as a standalone library
independent of the clim, font handling and score editor framework.

Christophe
From: Jeff Sandys
You might try using common music:
	http://commonmusic.sourceforge.net