From: Mike Cox
Subject: LISP.NET?  I love Lisp, it makes me an elitest.
Does anyone know if there is a LISP.NET for Microsoft Visual
Studio.NET?  We have FORTRAN.NET, C#, Managed C++, J#, Visual
Basic.NET, so there must be a LISP.NET although I haven't found it by
googling.

I love lisp, it is almost as good as C#.  Lisp has one advantage over
C# though, it makes you look super smart.  I pulled out my Windows
version of emacs and showed a couple of lisp lines to my coworker and
he was bowing in reverence when he saw what I did.  He thinks I'm a
genius now because of the following line of code I put into the top
level:

(+ 1, 2, 3)

He couldn't believe something that cool actually existed, and thinks
I'm a super smart elitest because I use emacs and this strange
language unlike any other, lisp!

From: Kenny Tilton
Subject: Re: LISP.NET?  I love Lisp, it makes me an elitest.
Mike Cox wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a LISP.NET for Microsoft Visual
> Studio.NET?  We have FORTRAN.NET, C#, Managed C++, J#, Visual
> Basic.NET, so there must be a LISP.NET although I haven't found it by
> googling.
>
> I love lisp, it is almost as good as C#.  Lisp has one advantage over
> C# though, it makes you look super smart.  I pulled out my Windows
> version of emacs and showed a couple of lisp lines to my coworker and
> he was bowing in reverence when he saw what I did.  He thinks I'm a
> genius now because of the following line of code I put into the top
> level:
>
> (+ 1, 2, 3)
>
> He couldn't believe something that cool actually existed, and thinks
> I'm a super smart elitest because I use emacs and this strange
> language unlike any other, lisp!

"Dying is easy. Comedy is hard."
   -- Sir Donald Wolfit, on his deathbed

RIP.

--
http://tilton-technology.com

From: Cesar Rabak
Mike Cox escreveu:
[snipped]

> I love lisp, it is almost as good as C#.  Lisp has one advantage over
> C# though, it makes you look super smart.  I pulled out my Windows
> version of emacs and showed a couple of lisp lines to my coworker and
> he was bowing in reverence when he saw what I did.  He thinks I'm a
> genius now because of the following line of code I put into the top
> level:
>
> (+ 1, 2, 3)

in GNU NT Emacs 21.3.1, in the *scratch* buffer:

(+ 1, 2, 3)^J

triggers this message in the *Backtrace* buffer:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable 1\,)
   (+ 1\, 2\, 3)
   eval((+ 1\, 2\, 3))
   eval-last-sexp-1(t)
   eval-last-sexp(t)
   eval-print-last-sexp()
* call-interactively(eval-print-last-sexp)

What package(s) and which version of emacs do you use?

--
Cesar Rabak
From: pkhuong
Cesar Rabak <······@acm.org> wrote in message news:<················@acm.org>...
> Mike Cox escreveu:
> [snipped]
>
> > I love lisp, it is almost as good as C#.  Lisp has one advantage over
> > C# though, it makes you look super smart.  I pulled out my Windows
> > version of emacs and showed a couple of lisp lines to my coworker and
> > he was bowing in reverence when he saw what I did.  He thinks I'm a
> > genius now because of the following line of code I put into the top
> > level:
> >
> > (+ 1, 2, 3)
>
> in GNU NT Emacs 21.3.1, in the *scratch* buffer:
>
> (+ 1, 2, 3)^J
>
> triggers this message in the *Backtrace* buffer:
OP (aka genius troll) here put some extra commas.
From: Pete Kirkham
There is a lisp implementation under development at
   http://dotlisp.sourceforge.net/dotlisp.htm

Though it looks like it's an interpreter rather than a compiler.

There's allegedly a tiny lisp compiler with the .net tools developer
kit, but I've only heard of it secondhand.

Pete
From: Christian Lynbech

Mike> Does anyone know if there is a LISP.NET for Microsoft Visual
Mike> Studio.NET?  We have FORTRAN.NET, C#, Managed C++, J#, Visual
Mike> Basic.NET, so there must be a LISP.NET although I haven't found it by
Mike> googling.

Of course there is a lisp.net, although it seems to belong to some
shady Cayman Island sort of thing, not very lisp related.

Common-lisp.net however is the real thing, Highly Recommended (TM).

There is also lisp.se but that was probably not exactly what you were
looking for.

Christian Lynbech       | christian ··@ defun #\. dk
                                        - ·······@hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)